Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 12:12 PM

22,047 posts, read 19,129,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kehinde93 View Post
What are you talking about I said legit BLOODLINE (keyword is BLOODLINE) Jew. Of course anyone can be a Jew like you said but to be one by blood its a different story, since it is determined by matrilineal descent, correct?
and you repeatedly insist on making distinctions that reveal your own personal supremacist agenda by using phrases like "bloodline Jew" "ethnic Jew" "legit"

it is offensive, it is inaccurate, it is based on making the physical more important than God, it is pure arrogance, and it is definitely NOT Jewish. Supremacist views are based in hate, arrogance, and lead to violence (such as in recent times Hitler, Nazis, ISIS)

[Disclaimer: I am not attacking you personally as an individual, but addressing the offensive views and language and ideas presented in your posts.)

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 11-11-2015 at 12:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 12:14 PM

248 posts, read 174,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
J1 is the Semitic region and J2 is the Mesopotamia region. Migration over a 20,000 year period would include Europe and North Africa (both towards the sea). Further from the sea brings in I (Northern Europe) E for central Africa and F for the region near Ethiopia. Jews from I,E,F would most likely have been by faith or conversion.
According to Wikipedia The J Haplogroup (mtDNA) started in the Caucus regions, that's another discussion though. I feel that E are the blood Hebrews and you feel that J are, that's one thing I don't think were ever agree on, but we all agree on practicing Torah so we might as well call it a stalemate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Moderator cut: quoted post deleted because it was orphaned.
Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-11-2015 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: Promoting other religious views in the Judaism forum.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:32 PM

64 posts, read 32,010 times
Quote:
and you are insisting on making distinctions that speak to your own personal supremacist agenda by using phrases like "bloodline Jew" "ethnic Jew" "legit"

it is offensive, it is inaccurate, it is based on making the physical more important than God, it is pure arrogance, and it is definitely NOT Jewish. Supremacist views are based in hate, arrogance, and lead to violence (such as in recent times Hitler, Nazis, ISIS)

[Disclaimer: I am not attacking you personally as an individual, but addressing the offensive views and language and ideas presented in your posts.)
Again what are you talking about? Did you read the thread title? Am I not saying the same thing that even you and others have stated in the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
why not? Judaism goes through the mother.
Quote:
of course a Jewish education and learning and putting into practice what we learn and being part of a Jewish community are all important and valued, but they do not "make" someone a Jew
Quote:
if his Korean mother is Jewish....then he is Jewish. Period.
Even the Bible (1 Kings 8:52-53) says the same thing.

Quote:
52 That thine eyes may be open unto the supplication of thy servant, and unto the supplication of thy people Israel, to hearken unto them in all that they call for unto thee.

53 For thou didst separate them from among all the people of the earth, to be thine inheritance, as thou spakest by the hand of Moses thy servant, when thou broughtest our fathers out of Egypt, O Lord God.
So what am I saying thats so different? If Jews were sperated from all other ppl by TMH then bloodline is a factor. And Jewish law says it (Jewish descent) goes through the mother right?

Old 11-11-2015, 12:33 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
According to Wikipedia The J Haplogroup (mtDNA) started in the Caucus regions, that's another discussion though. I feel that E are the blood Hebrews and you feel that J are, that's one thing I don't think were ever agree on, but we all agree on practicing Torah so we might as well call it a stalemate...
Wikipedia is cliff notes. Try using actual sites that cover what we are discussing.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:46 PM

2,675 posts, read 1,255,010 times
Quote:
Because religion is not inherited and can be abandoned at the discretion of that child. Since were discussing whether Jews are chosen by faith or blood and Jewish law states are Jew is ethnically a Jew through the mother then if that woman was the chilf of a Jewish man's children those children, according to Jewish law, are NOT ethnically Jewish.
This is wrong. Judaism IS inherited. I have said this already. Your claims about what a child can and can't do are very nice but inaccurate in terms of Judaism (note that this is a "Judaism" forum). You are starting with beliefs that are not part of Judaism and you reject the clarifications that are provided that are steeped in actual Jewish law.

For example, you state, "Jewish law states are Jew is ethnically a Jew through the mother" when in fact, Jewish law teaches that the child is RELIGIOUSLY Jewish. You keep inserting this phantom "ethnically".

So to recap:

Judaism (excepting conversion) passes through the mother to the child. Judaism is a religion. Judaism is genetic only in the sense that it is inherited.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
This is wrong. Judaism IS inherited. I have said this already. Your claims about what a child can and can't do are very nice but inaccurate in terms of Judaism (note that this is a "Judaism" forum). You are starting with beliefs that are not part of Judaism and you reject the clarifications that are provided that are steeped in actual Jewish law.

For example, you state, "Jewish law states are Jew is ethnically a Jew through the mother" when in fact, Jewish law teaches that the child is RELIGIOUSLY Jewish. You keep inserting this phantom "ethnically".

So to recap:

Judaism (excepting conversion) passes through the mother to the child. Judaism is a religion. Judaism is genetic only in the sense that it is inherited.
So you're saying religion (Judaism) is inherited. Just to be clear I'm not rejecting your clarifications things just haven't been made clear. So you're saying that this particular religion (Judaism) is inherited through the mother it doesn't matter what her ethnicity is the child is a Jew because his mother is one, correct?

Old 11-11-2015, 01:50 PM

22,047 posts, read 19,129,092 times
Quote:
So you're saying that this particular religion (Judaism) is inherited through the mother it doesn't matter what her ethnicity is the child is a Jew because his mother is one, correct?
yes
the other way to become Jewish, regardless of ethnicity or who your parents are, is to convert through a valid halachic conversion under Jewish law

Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
yes
the other way to become Jewish, regardless of ethnicity or who your parents are, is to convert through a valid halachic conversion under Jewish law
That's what I just talking about the converted mother. So what is the other way?

Old 11-11-2015, 01:56 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,675,028 times
So we are all on the same page, maybe we should be posting from the same link in relation to the Tanakh:

Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Old 11-11-2015, 02:00 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,955,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
J1 is the Semitic region and J2 is the Mesopotamia region.
That's where Abraham came from, right?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism