Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:54 PM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No they're not....And it's "wrote" not "rote"....
Yes, I made a mistake. These things happen. And explain how they are not while I comb through your posts to find a typo and point it out because it will, no doubt, further a fruitful discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 01:08 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
The truth depends on how you see things...
I don't understand what the above statement means. Please can you tell us more, such as "how do you see things" with regards to the opening post inquiry?

This was asked back in post #7 on page 1, it would be helpful to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
OP, I think you need to clarify your question.
What in YOUR vocabulary does "chosen" mean?
As there already is confusion in responses. ...

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 11-16-2015 at 01:37 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 07:45 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I don't understand what the above statement means. Please can you tell us more, such as "how do you see things" with regards to the opening post inquiry?
You're smart...Figure it out...
Quote:
This was asked back in post #7 on page 1, it would be helpful to hear.
Your point?...

Old 11-17-2015, 09:35 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
From the OT:

Isaiah Chapters 13 and 14
Ummm ...

what is the "OT" ...

that doesn't sound Jewish to me.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
The scattered children of Israel. The ancient people, anybody within the E1b1a group and all its subclades.
Oh okay.

That DNA haplogroup is not from Judea, but from east, central, and south Africa.

Some African ""wannabe" Jews are claiming it as "Israelite" even though the scientific DNA haplotypes for Cohanim and Levites are not present in that haplogroup.

In other words - the claim is BOGUS.

MtDNA and Y-DNA studies are fascinating.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Just so ya'll know where Soular is coming from...

Black Hebrew Israelites

Practices:

1.Some groups stand on the street corners of major cities and condemn people for their allegedly false beliefs while using vulgar language.2 The Hebrew Israelites are very combative and generally do not want to listen when their views are challenged ...

Oops. OOPS!

I wish this came to light earlier ... otherwise I wouldn't have wasted 6 minutes of my precious time reading and responding to this drivel.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Well I'm Mizrahi. I've taken a DNA test. Nearly all my DNA results are related to the Levant. I have none related to Africa. I can date my family through Ottoman documents and others that my family has lived in the Jerusalem region for over 500 years.
That's interesting!

I am part Romaniote. Romaniote Jews have lived in the Kingdom of Epirus for 2,300 years (it was originally believed Jews colonized that part of the world in the first century CE, but newer research has pushed the date back 3 or 4 hundred years). In fact it is believed to be the first colony of Jews in Europe. My ancestors from there spoke Yevanic, a dialect of Classical Greek written in Hebrew characters. My friend, Marcia Ikonomopoulos is the curator of Kahila Kedosha Janina, the Romaniote museum in NYC.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:04 PM

248 posts, read 175,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Oh okay.

That DNA haplogroup is not from Judea, but from east, central, and south Africa.

Some African ""wannabe" Jews are claiming it as "Israelite" even though the scientific DNA haplotypes for Cohanim and Levites are not present in that haplogroup.

In other words - the claim is BOGUS.

MtDNA and Y-DNA studies are fascinating.
I'll entertain this.

Yet all the Lemba have E1b1a as their Y-DNA not to mention the Cohanim in the highest frequencies in the world. In other words the people in the regions stated and their scattered counterparts in the Eastern and Western hemispheres are Israelites. I also know of a Falashan Hebrew who says that the only people who can be Jacob's descendants are negroes.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Oops. OOPS!

I wish this came to light earlier ... otherwise I wouldn't have wasted 6 minutes of my precious time reading and responding to this drivel.
He's not my voice, nor do I endorse that post.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Ummm ...

what is the "OT" ...

that doesn't sound Jewish to me.
Lame...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism