Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 10:31 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,941,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
Look rose, as much as you want it to go through the mother, nothing supports that the scripture you're speaking of says that Yahuah (with emphasis) doesn't want the sons going with the neighboring people's daughters because they will make them worship other gods.

1.When the Lord, your God, brings you into the land to which you are coming to possess it, He will cast away many nations from before you: the Hittites, the Girga****es, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivvites, and the Jebusites, seven nations more numerous and powerful than you.
Rashi's Commentary:

He will cast away: Heb. וְנָשַׁל. This is an expression meaning casting away, and causing to fly. Similarly is (Deut. 19:5),“and the iron [axe blade] will cause to fly [from the tree].”
2.And the Lord, your God, will deliver them to you, and you shall smite them. You shall utterly destroy them; neither shall you make a covenant with them, nor be gracious to them.
Rashi's Commentary:

nor be gracious to them: Heb. וְלֹא תְחָנֵּם This means, you must not show them any grace (חֵן) . It is forbidden for a person to say,“How handsome is this heathen!” Another explanation: Do not grant them a settlement (חֲניָּה) in the land. (Avodah Zarah 20a)
3.You shall not intermarry with them; you shall not give your daughter to his son, and you shall not take his daughter for your son.

4.For he will turn away your son from following Me, and they will worship the gods of others, and the wrath of the Lord will be kindled against you, and He will quickly destroy you.

Rashi's Commentary:

For he will turn away your son from following Me: i.e., the heathen’s son, if he marries your daughter, will turn away your [grand]son whom your daughter will bear to him, from following Me. This teaches us that your daughter’s son, born of a heathen man, is called “your son,” but your son’s son, born of a heathen woman, is not called “your son,” but “her son.” For Scripture [first says, “Do not give your daughter to his son, and do not take his daughter for your son.” Then it follows with “For he will turn away your son….” However], referring to “do not take his daughter,” it does not say“For she will turn away your son…” [because he is considered her son, not yours (Kid. 68b).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
The last line, in regards to ruling.
How so?...

Old 11-06-2015, 10:36 AM

248 posts, read 174,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Haplogroup E1b1a is the main haplogroup in sub-Saharan Africa, where it reaches frequencies of over 80% in West Africa. It has been hypothesized that E1b1a originated in Northern Africa and then spread to sub-Saharan Africa with the Bantu expansion. However, Rosa et al. (2007) and others suggest that it likely originated in and expanded from West Africa (i.e., the Sudanese Belt) within the last 20,000 to 30,000 years based on the fact that the frequency and diversity of E1b1a in this region are among the highest found. E-M2 is considered to be the signature Y-DNA for the Bantu expansion, however, it should be considered the signature y-DNA for the Niger-Congo phylum or language, which means that E1b1a was probably the most common chromosome in West Africa when the Niger-Congo language emerged at least 15,000 YBP(years before present). - http://www.thefullwiki.org/Haplogroup_E1b1a_(Y-DNA)
I already know of the lies that are said about the origins of E1b1a, yet the Lemba-Igbos are included in this group and you cannot deny them as being Jews.

Now don't worry I don't wanna derail this thread. Also I'm making a thread discussing this very matter I'll let you know when it's up.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Are you saying that the Jews at the time of dispersion did go past the rivers of Cush? Are you saying they did not land in West Africa and Southern Africa? The Jews of Spain you are referring to were Moors (Muslims by faith, Hebrew by blood) who, when expelled in 1492 went into West Africa. These are facts.
Jewish Presence in Spain
I will briefly relate here the history of the Sephardim who lived in Spainbecause they have the best known and easiest to tell history. Not all those known today as Sephardim have ancestors who lived in Spain and they too have equally fascinating histories of their own which I will get into if I have the time to do so. Stories such as the development of the rubber industry in the Amazon by Moroccan Sephardim, the Chuettas of Majorca, etc., etc. (Volunteers to help are very welcome !!
)

Most historians feel Jews came to the Iberian peninsula with the Roman Legions, possibly as merchants and purveyors with a second wave of arrivals after the destruction of the second temple in 70 C.E. The first tangible evidence of a Jewish presence in Spain is found in the grave of a young Jewish girl named Salomonulla from the 3rd century C.E. found in Adra, Spain.
On the other hand, legends prevalent among Spanish Jews suggested that Jews first came to Iberia after the destruction of the Temple in the 6th century B.C.E. while others date their arrival with Phonecian merchants in the 10th century B.C.E., during the King Solomon era. Participating in the surrounding Spaniards' love of lineage some Spanish Jewish families (such as Ibn Daoud, Shaltiel, Abrabanel, etc.) claim direct descent from King David. Bolstering their claims are the prophecies of Abadiah who uses the name "Sefarad" for the land that Jews exiled from Jerusalem would live in. Others claim that Tarshish of the bible was probably ancient Tartessus, a district of Southern Spain whose principal city was Gades (Cadiz).
Norman Roth makes the point that more Jews lived in Spain than in all the countries of Europe combined. Historians have calculated that in the 12th century C.E. Sephardim made up 90% of all the world's Jewry, though that percentage declined rapidly after that with the Ashkenazi population explosion. However, unlike Jews in Europe who lived mainly in large towns, Jews in Spain were found in both towns and tiny villages among the peasants. Chaim Raphael points out that Starting with Abraham in Babylon (Iraq), through Joseph and Moses in Egypt, the kingdoms of Israel and Judea, back to Babylon, then Spain and the Mediterranean, most Jewish history until the last few centuries has been largely the history of the Jews of middle-eastern and mediterranean culture,, the culture we associate today with Sephardic Jews. Through these centuries and till the 17th century C.E., Sephardim were the bulk of Jewry and the main centers of Judaism. In the recent 3-4 centuries European Jewry exploded into prominence, both in culture and population, and Sephardic Jews, like their host countries, went into a cultural decline that is only recently beginning to reverse itself. - Sephardim and their History

Old 11-06-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I already know of the lies that are said about the origins of E1b1a, yet the Lemba-Igbos are included in this group and you cannot deny them as being Jews.

Now don't worry I don't wanna derail this thread. Also I'm making a thread discussing this very matter I'll let you know when it's up.
You may already have derailed it...

And how is the science of Genetics a lie?...

Old 11-06-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
You may already have derailed it...

And how is the science of Genetics a lie?...
They are biased by who owns them, yet once again genetics do not lie, so I will prove who we are. It was already said that a confederate of nations will try to cut us off as a nation. You should post depictions of Israelites, even of the man you all wish who wasn't alive, it shows the color of the skin of the Hebrews and no matter what that doesn't change, genetics prove that.

And for that reason anti-semitism can be anything as little as questioning if the real Jews are even in Israel now...

Old 11-06-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
1.When the Lord, your God, brings you into the land to which you are coming to possess it, He will cast away many nations from before you: the Hittites, the Girga****es, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivvites, and the Jebusites, seven nations more numerous and powerful than you.
Rashi's Commentary:

He will cast away: Heb. וְנָשַׁל. This is an expression meaning casting away, and causing to fly. Similarly is (Deut. 19:5),“and the iron [axe blade] will cause to fly [from the tree].”
2.And the Lord, your God, will deliver them to you, and you shall smite them. You shall utterly destroy them; neither shall you make a covenant with them, nor be gracious to them.
Rashi's Commentary:

nor be gracious to them: Heb. וְלֹא תְחָנֵּם This means, you must not show them any grace (חֵן) . It is forbidden for a person to say,“How handsome is this heathen!” Another explanation: Do not grant them a settlement (חֲניָּה) in the land. (Avodah Zarah 20a)
3.You shall not intermarry with them; you shall not give your daughter to his son, and you shall not take his daughter for your son.

4.For he will turn away your son from following Me, and they will worship the gods of others, and the wrath of the Lord will be kindled against you, and He will quickly destroy you.

Rashi's Commentary:

For he will turn away your son from following Me: i.e., the heathen’s son, if he marries your daughter, will turn away your [grand]son whom your daughter will bear to him, from following Me. This teaches us that your daughter’s son, born of a heathen man, is called “your son,” but your son’s son, born of a heathen woman, is not called “your son,” but “her son.” For Scripture [first says, “Do not give your daughter to his son, and do not take his daughter for your son.” Then it follows with “For he will turn away your son….” However], referring to “do not take his daughter,” it does not say“For she will turn away your son…” [because he is considered her son, not yours (Kid. 68b).
For the last time, what are your interpretations? Not Rashi... use somebody else at least lol.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:06 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Quote:
Are you saying that the Jews at the time of dispersion did go past the rivers of Cush? Are you saying they did not land in West Africa and Southern Africa? The Jews of Spain you are referring to were Moors (Muslims by faith, Hebrew by blood) who, when expelled in 1492 went into West Africa. These are facts.
Africa was a destination during the dispersion and not a starting point. The truth outweighs the facts.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
For the last time, what are your interpretations? Not Rashi... use somebody else at least lol.
Rashi was a Rabbi, a Sage...What make his interpretation invalid and your valid?...

Old 11-06-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Africa was a destination during the dispersion and not a starting point. The truth outweighs the facts.
Don't worry I'll notify you when my thread is up and ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism