Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 10:50 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,024,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post

HaHa...Australia?...You got jokes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 10:54 AM

22,161 posts, read 19,210,182 times
i'm partial to the east coast

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ed...5f9cbbd201d47d

Old 11-20-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

Eden, North Carolina....I live near there...

Old 11-20-2015, 11:14 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
HaHa...Australia?...You got jokes...
I think you may find that there is indeed some Playing with you here. Because these guys are clever, intelligent, practical and rational and know the Torah in the original and know a metaphorical myth when they see it, and are inclined to laugh when a Christian Bible - literalist rolls up seeking bias- confirmation.

Correct me, regulars of this Forum if I have got it wrong.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I think you may find that there is indeed some Playing with you here. Because these guys are clever, intelligent, practical and rational and know the Torah in the original and know a metaphorical myth when they see it, and are inclined to laugh when a Christian Bible - literalist rolls up seeking bias- confirmation.

Correct me, regulars of this Forum if I have got it wrong.
I'm a Jew, not a Christian...Sooo...

What I am going by is the wording in the Torah, tracing it...

Old 11-20-2015, 11:28 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
You're a Jew eh? Well I stand corrected. And I'll leave you to it.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You're a Jew eh? Well I stand corrected. And I'll leave you to it.

Naw, you're welcome to stay...Logic and reason are always great...

Old 11-24-2015, 07:58 PM

194 posts, read 246,285 times
When I was in 7th grade, my social studies teacher said it was Iran or Iraq, idr which.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:04 PM

19,023 posts, read 27,579,284 times
Eden is a symbol. It is a symbol for humans, to somehow refer to a place that is perfect - is, as it never disappeared - and became closed to humans.
Eden, as a perfect place of existence, is otherwise known as The Realm of Permanence. It includes the physical plane of the physical world, known as "universe" to humanity. Realm of Permanence has no time or dimensions as we know them. It IS. It is composed out of perfect balanced units and its inhabitants are too. Immortal Selves are in the Realm of Permanence.
Those who did not pass the test and did not balance their thinking, "dropped out" of it and some of them are presented in human race.
This is basis for the legend about Adam and Eve, as male and female aspects of Self, as feeling and desire, and them being expelled from the garden of Eden.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:51 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Eden is a symbol. It is a symbol for humans, to somehow refer to a place that is perfect - is, as it never disappeared - and became closed to humans.
Eden, as a perfect place of existence, is otherwise known as The Realm of Permanence. It includes the physical plane of the physical world, known as "universe" to humanity. Realm of Permanence has no time or dimensions as we know them. It IS. It is composed out of perfect balanced units and its inhabitants are too. Immortal Selves are in the Realm of Permanence.
Those who did not pass the test and did not balance their thinking, "dropped out" of it and some of them are presented in human race.
This is basis for the legend about Adam and Eve, as male and female aspects of Self, as feeling and desire, and them being expelled from the garden of Eden.

Yeah, I like that.

Or maybe.

Last night I was thinking about something funny. I was thinking that aliens came to this planet and they interacted with humans when they shouldn't have. A million of them came down like spirits and formed a marriage where they began teaching and guiding but then their imaginations became evil and the whole lot of them are being punished while they are still in us. While that marriage was the most beautiful creature, the downfall made the mind creep in the gutters.

Or not, lol.

Maybe the tree of good and evil is the mind of the flesh that sees with it's eyes and wants with it's desires, and the tree of life has been hidden and it is the way to the mind of the spirit, to walk in the mind of the spirit instead of a loathsome man with evil vain imaginations.

I think maybe that I am Eden and those rivers run within me, but that a part of my mind has been cut off, and maybe that's why we have so much unused portions of brain. Some people can see designs and things others can't and some can use their mind. Some people are born genius and still the potential isn't close.

I think maybe the tree of life is hidden like those portions of our brain, and many people would think of that movie Lucy that when your brain has been released like a calf from a stall, anything is possible. What if evolution is simply unlocking the rest of our brain potential, or that much of it is unlocked when we die. Or maybe it is up to us right now to do something, and maybe that something is studying. But what I think is that God makes many promises where he promises an anointing, and I think of an anointing like as if an angel is sent to you in order to guide you in your studies. Coincidence begins to reign and you start learning very fast.

Maybe that is the key and the way to the tree of life, that all you care about is seeking any promise of God that insinuates his anointing be put on you, and if God has appointed you a Rabbi or priest, then doesn't it automatically mean that he puts his anointing{is that the wrong word} spirit on you?

And if you complete the requirements of a priest, and God makes good on his promises and let's his spirit rest upon you, then wouldn't it's sole goal be to teach you very fast?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism