Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 09:22 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,662 times

Advertisements

A Torah observant family in our community has just admitted that they are all Jesus believers. They live a fully Torah observant life, they just have this extra piece to their belief. What a tragedy! They are now no longer welcome in this community. They are terribly dangerous to the lives of our precious Jewish children. This hits my family particularly hard, as my oldest son and theirs were best friends. My wife and I are seeking the guidance of rabbeim and a child psychologist to decide the best way to break the news to him. Those poor kids - they have lived their whole lives with a secret, knowing if they told even one person, they'd be ostracized. I believe they have lived in roughly 15 cities in the last decade. Now I know why. Such a tragedy. Please G-d , when when you end this terrible exile and bring the final redemption?

Old 12-13-2015, 10:24 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
..they have lived in roughly 15 cities in the last decade. Now I know why.
that is deception indeed.
And how hard it is on children to move 15 times in 10 years, for a parent to subject their children to that is cruelty.

best wishes to you and your family tff in working through this, may Hashem surround you, guard you, and protect you, and shelter you beneath the healing wings of Hashem. as Torah tells us: "And for your children there will shine upon you who revere My name, a sun of righteousness with healing in its wings"

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 12-13-2015 at 10:36 AM..

Old 12-13-2015, 11:09 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,662 times
Thanks Tzaphkiel. The children are very quiet and well behaved. It seems a form of child abuse to raise your children with an existential secret. I guess they are just people without a community. The Jews surely do not accept their beliefs, and hence their presence in our community. I suspect their Jesus believing comrades would not accept them either. So sad.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:14 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
Quote:
I suspect their Jesus believing comrades would not accept them either.

That is an interesting observation.

I think I will make one of my rare visits to the Christianity forum to see what they think.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:45 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
That is an interesting observation.

I think I will make one of my rare visits to the Christianity forum to see what they think.
Dude started a thread about you Flip.

Turns out, you gonna be famous.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:05 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
A Torah observant family in our community has just admitted that they are all Jesus believers. They live a fully Torah observant life, they just have this extra piece to their belief. What a tragedy! They are now no longer welcome in this community. They are terribly dangerous to the lives of our precious Jewish children. This hits my family particularly hard, as my oldest son and theirs were best friends. My wife and I are seeking the guidance of rabbeim and a child psychologist to decide the best way to break the news to him. Those poor kids - they have lived their whole lives with a secret, knowing if they told even one person, they'd be ostracized. I believe they have lived in roughly 15 cities in the last decade. Now I know why. Such a tragedy. Please G-d , when when you end this terrible exile and bring the final redemption?
Really?...They're still Jews, soooo...

Old 12-13-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Thanks Tzaphkiel. The children are very quiet and well behaved. It seems a form of child abuse to raise your children with an existential secret. I guess they are just people without a community. The Jews surely do not accept their beliefs, and hence their presence in our community. I suspect their Jesus believing comrades would not accept them either. So sad.
I think that you are being too harsh...

Old 12-13-2015, 06:43 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I think that you are being too harsh...
no, tff is correct
it is abusive to a child to make them keep secrets, and force children to lie, and betray and hurt their friends.

for a child to find out that they can not trust their parents, because their parents lie to them, and make them lie also? That is a huge betrayal and abuse of power by a parent. how much more so is it an abuse to teach children that lying is part of being religious and that God approves.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
no, tff is correct
it is abusive to a child to make them keep secrets, and force children to lie, and betray and hurt their friends.

for a child to find out that they can not trust their parents, because their parents lie to them, and make them lie also? That is a huge betrayal and abuse of power by a parent. how much more so is it an abuse to teach children that lying is part of being religious and that God approves.
I could have SWORN that I was addressing TFF, but, I may be wrong...

Anyway, I don't wanna hear it from you, you didn't even CONVERT...Not sure what you are...

Old 12-13-2015, 07:29 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
They break ONE of 613 Mitzvot and they're out? Why???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism