Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 07:18 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- I don't go to 'churches' anymore.

- I don't wear crosses anymore.

- I don't believe the trinity doctrine.

- I don't believe God came in the flesh as Jesus.

- I don't celebrate the holidays of dead catholic saints.

- I don't see any reason to celebrate Israel's "Pilgrim Feasts".

- I don't believe Jesus represents "the Passover lamb of the Jews".

The only reason I brought up pork is because on another site I was accused of being a pork eater.
They apologized. So I thought I'd get that settled here by saying so.
In case it mattered as to why anyone didn't want to talk with me.
I answered you. It's rather annoying when I take the time to write out an informational response to a question and then the OP comes back and posts as if I didn't. The minor annoyances of Internet forums, I suppose.

Anyway, the JBfromNC is right. Why would you ask Jews a question about Christian practices?

Old 03-24-2016, 07:39 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
... Why would you ask Jews a question about Christian practices?
Maybe some of us took the time to read books or took university elective courses that covered the rituals of others in order to understand other perspectives. Does being a Jew make us all closed minded to the world around us? For the around 90% of us, it doesn't.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Maybe some of us took the time to read books or took university elective courses that covered the rituals of others in order to understand other perspectives. Does being a Jew make us all closed minded to the world around us? For the around 90% of us, it doesn't.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that at all, and I think by now you know me well enough to know I don't think that way. No Jews that I know tend to be close-minded about others, but then again, I wouldn't hang with such people. Or they with me for that matter.

Just in a snit that I provided the information and it was ignored--probably because I am not Jewish.

I suspect the OP has his own agenda for asking a Christianity question on a Judaism forum. Only he knows what that is. He certainly wants you all to understand that he doesn't eat pork.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:22 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I answered you. It's rather annoying when I take the time to write out an informational response to a question and then the OP comes back and posts as if I didn't. The minor annoyances of Internet forums, I suppose.

Anyway, the JBfromNC is right. Why would you ask Jews a question about Christian practices?

- Thanks.

- Sorry.

- I had believed the question I ask was in relation to the Jewish date as well.
Therefore I wanted to hear it from a Jewish site.
Since I'd not seen any christians around who also had an inquiry about
the different dates of the calendar.

I've heard quite enough from christian sites over the years.
So they seem to hold little to no interest for me now that
I am no longer a Protestant of 'The Re-From-Mation' of catholic church doctrine.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- Thanks.

- Sorry.

- I had believed the question I ask was in relation to the Jewish date as well.
Therefore I wanted to hear it from a Jewish site.
Since I'd not seen any christians around who also had an inquiry about
the different dates of the calendar.

I've heard quite enough from christian sites over the years.
So they seem to hold little to no interest for me now that
I am no longer a Protestant of 'The Re-From-Mation' of catholic church doctrine.
Ok. Thank you for clarifying.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:57 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Posting links to Christian websites, and repeatedly using Christian websites to provide information about Judaism is misleading and inaccurate and offensive and harmful to Jews and Judaism.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 03-24-2016 at 01:18 PM..

Old 03-24-2016, 02:16 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Posting links to Christian websites, and repeatedly using Christian websites to provide information about Judaism is misleading and inaccurate and offensive and harmful to Jews and Judaism.
If the website is relative to the thread and in my opinion to be correct, then it will be posted without regard to where it came from. Period.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:44 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
If the website is relative to the thread and in my opinion to be correct, then it will be posted without regard to where it came from.
It is good that you identify it as your opinion. It is important to make the distinction and differentiate between what is "your opinion" and what is Jewish law. In a Judaism forum, and for a Jew in daily life, Jewish law carries far more weight and authority and importance and priority and validity and credibility, than a person's opinion, ideas, other religious views, or secular distractions.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 03-24-2016 at 06:13 PM..

Old 03-24-2016, 09:17 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,065,463 times
It appears the OP has been adequately answered and like all threads once a conclusion has been reached, additional postings tend to drift away from the original topic..

Does not seem anything else constructive has been added for several posts

THREAD CLOSED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism