Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 09:36 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times

Advertisements

From a Jewish perspective only - why during the Passover seder it is traditional to pour a cup of wine for Elijah as well as to open one's door? Does this tradition have nothing to do with Elijah heralding the Messiah in the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 10:53 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
From a Jewish perspective only - why during the Passover seder it is traditional to pour a cup of wine for Elijah as well as to open one's door? Does this tradition have nothing to do with Elijah heralding the Messiah in the future?
Alltogether there are 5 cups of wine.

The last cup is the cup of Elijah and Only Elijah or somebody who has come in the spirit of Elijah may drink of this cup, Elijah or Messiah, and the cup is filled and poured out at the end of the seder.

Blessed is the king of the universe who created the fruit of the vine, the Lord made a vineyard and called the vine Israel.

But why?

Old 09-06-2017, 04:35 PM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,760 times
Kos Shel Eliyahu

https://www.ou.org/jewish_action/03/...-at-the-seder/

Old 09-07-2017, 11:06 AM

Cool, thanks, I didn't know the part about opening the door, that is. seriously cool, it would be a cool tradition to get family involved at midnight, I would be telling all sorts of stories.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:08 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Elijah wasn't sent to Jews, not to Judah. Elijah walks in judgment against the Gentile nations and those who abandoned Judah and Jerusalem to become Gentiles. Judah was not present when Elijah called fire down from heaven in the Northern kingdom of Israel.

It was not Jewish sons of prophets that followed Elijah, it was the sons of the prophets of the Northern Kingdom which called the Torah a strange thing and created it's own high holy hills in Dan and Bethel. They appointed their own priests and changed the feast days while rejecting Jerusalem and rejecting Judah. These people reeled on the new wine and this is the same things Christians do. They claim a holy spirit but it is a spirit of drunkenness and adultery against God while they reject the ways of God, his commandments and they seek to rise above Judah as to say that they are the true Israel, not Judah. They developed their own lawless ways just as Christians do, and just as the Samaritans claimed to be Israel{Ephraim} for 700 years, Christianity now claims that they are the true Israel instead of Judah.

Elijah's mission was never to Jews, his mission is to walk amongst Gentiles who made a willing choice to no longer be Israel, they abandoned God and his ways and Elijah walks amongst them judging them that they might return.

A new man was appointed to finish what Elijah had begun, and when Elijah was taken up in a chariot, Elisha was left behind and given great strength. Elijah's mission was completely useless against the would be pagans of the Northern kingdom and what was impossible for Elijah became possible with Elisha. Elisha seeks to build a dwelling in which he could live and teach these sons of the prophets of Israel to return to the God of Israel and when they need the tools to build, the axe head was lost as if it were impossible to obtain the tools to build such a place where these pagans would return to God. But the axe head was returned and so Elisha did live and teach them.

The spirit of Elijah is supposed to return, but this spirit has a mission to Gentiles, not Jews.

Elijah's mission is to seek out the lost ten tribes of Israel so that they may repent unless God puts a curse on the entire earth, and this means that a spirit should come to the Gentile that he seeks to honor and support Jews in their feasts of Jerusalem, and the Gentile comes repenting to God that he ever called the Torah a strange thing.

Elijah's mission is to join the Gentile to the Jew in a marriage that a Gentile might convert to Judaism to find great respect of the Torah KNOWING that his only hope is that he is somehow redeemed under the name of Israel as a person of the lost ten tribes seeded amongst the nations and now he is offering himself as a servant to Israel. The mission of Messiah is to come to join the Gentile to the Jew in a marriage where the Gentile is a bride to the Jew and redeemed. This is why ten men from every nation will grasp the garment of a Jew and why women are begging the Jew to be called by their name because Jews symbolize the male in a marriage while the Gentile is the submissive female.

The first Passover lamb redeemed the first born sons of Israel and when Israel came up to the mountain, God then appointed the priests to stand as Passover lambs in order to stand in the stead of each first born son but there was not enough priests to go around and so many first born sons had to pay a temple tax.

This idea of all the priests becoming Passover lambs would then be expanded by the prophets when they speak of Ten men from every nation grasping on to the garment of a Jew, and these ten men NO DOUBT symbolized the ten lost tribes because we are told in Hosea 2 how God would seed them into all nations and when ten men grasp one Jew, it is in reference to the return of Ephraim, those Israelis who became Gentiles.

The Talmud also expands on this idea saying that for each of the 4 tassels of the Jewish garment, there are thousands of Gentiles hanging to each of the 4, and this I believe.

That the Passover lamb turned into priests, and then the entire nation of Judah turned into Passover lambs who would redeem Gentiles into Israel as if Gentiles represent the first born sons.

Throughout the family line, it was the first born sons who were gentiles.

It was Ishmael, Not Isaac.
It was Esau, Not Jacob.

I think the mission of Messiah is to come as a messenger of the covenant that makes the Gentile one with the Jew but the Jew sits in the seat of a husband in charge.

The spirit of Elijah has already come to countless of Gentiles who have turned and repented and who are now in full support of Israel.

But to look for just one Messiah would be a mistake as far as I am concerned.

What I believe is that God is going to have a face to face with Judah and he is going to greatly strengthen them as the feeblest amongst them would be like David, but that there would be great men in that day who will all be seen as Messiahs that the whole world will look to and want to join to.

I would give a great argument on how that just in the last 60 years, the world has changed because of the spirit of Elijah coming to Gentiles to turn their hearts toward the fathers{JEWS}.

I would say that we waited for 2000 years of the most heinous and terrible Anti-Semitism, but in our day, we have seen the spirit of Elijah enter into countless of Gentiles who are returning with great respect to Torah and who have the greatest desire to support and join Jews.

Where else can you find better fire than the Heavenly.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:40 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
My little Jew brain is confused and spinning now.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:05 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Alltogether there are 5 cups of wine.

Cups?? I guess we've been doing it wrong as it's usually been bottles/jugs.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Cups?? I guess we've been doing it wrong as it's usually been bottles/jugs.

Don't get me to lying Phuzy, that's what you get with a gentile who only knows a little tradition but has never seen it in action. My whole world is imagining the Tabernacle with all it's comings and goings trying to picture a thing I have never seen, there is so much missing when you were not there to actually see how things were done. It is like trying to explain baseball to somebody who has never watched a baseball game. Feel free to correct me any time lol. Now why does the dude have to run to second? I will be over there with my 40.

Psalms 113
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:02 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Don't get me to lying Phuzy, that's what you get with a gentile who only knows a little tradition but has never seen it in action. My whole world is imagining the Tabernacle with all it's comings and goings trying to picture a thing I have never seen, there is so much missing when you were not there to actually see how things were done. It is like trying to explain baseball to somebody who has never watched a baseball game. Feel free to correct me any time lol. Now why does the dude have to run to second? I will be over there with my 40.

Psalms 113
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
The 40 Myths?
40 Baseball Myths... - Miracle Strip Officials Association (MSOA)

Old 09-14-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You say bottles and jugs, so I will have my 40, ya know, Cobra and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism