U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 02:29 PM

28,015 posts, read 15,102,090 times

Advertisements

I think that it was in my Chumash that I read that it is the Nile River that was the river that flowed out of Eden and into Gan Eden to water it, which makes sense since science claims that our human genetic signature originated in Africa...And HaShem says that He planted the Garden in the East of Eden, which would be Ethiopia maybe...And, I believe, it is archeology that claims that civilization began in Mesopotamia, which also makes sense because it is East of Eden and that is where HaShem exiled Adam and Chava...Has anyone else come across this?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 07:31 PM

13,098 posts, read 13,710,829 times
Here is more on the four rivers mentioned in Genesis 2:10–14.
It sounds like two of the rivers are more easily identified than the other two. Link shown below.

"A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it separated and became four heads. The name of one is Pishon; that is the one that encompasses all the land of Havilah, where there is gold. The gold of that land is good; there is the crystal and the onyx stone. The name of the second river is Gichon; that is the one that encompasses all the land of Cush. The name of the third river is Chidekel; that is the one that flows to the east of Ashur. And the fourth river, that is Perat."

https://www.chabad.org/parshah/artic...-from-Eden.htm

Old 05-31-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Here is more on the four rivers mentioned in Genesis 2:10–14.
It sounds like two of the rivers are more easily identified than the other two. Link shown below.

"A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it separated and became four heads. The name of one is Pishon; that is the one that encompasses all the land of Havilah, where there is gold. The gold of that land is good; there is the crystal and the onyx stone. The name of the second river is Gichon; that is the one that encompasses all the land of Cush. The name of the third river is Chidekel; that is the one that flows to the east of Ashur. And the fourth river, that is Perat."

https://www.chabad.org/parshah/artic...-from-Eden.htm
Do you think it may be the Nile Delta?...

Old 05-31-2018, 07:41 PM

13,098 posts, read 13,710,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
i've always been more fascinated with "a river flows out of Eden to water the Garden" which makes a distinction between the two. Here is a link to article that discusses this further, a 7-page article, see page 299 and notes 16-17-18

http://breslov.org/wp-content/upload.../09/LMII66.pdf

Old 05-31-2018, 07:48 PM

404 posts, read 124,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Euphrates is quite a way from the Nile delta. Probably never connected at all.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben Shunamit View Post
The Euphrates is quite a way from the Nile delta. Probably never connected at all.
Depends on whether the Mediterranean existed back then...And there’s Pangea...

Old 06-04-2018, 06:52 PM

14,921 posts, read 5,006,697 times
I would say there would be strong reason for me to believe that the bible insinuates that all people come from Africa. We see God calling his people out of Africa, and the we have this really cool prophesy in Isaiah.

Blessing to Egypt, Assyria, Israel
…24In that day Israel will join a three-party alliance with Egypt and Assyria—a blessing upon the earth. 25The LORD of Hosts will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt My people, Assyria My handiwork, and Israel My inheritance.”

In my opinion this says blessed be all the people, and bless the people I took from Egypt and who I refined in Assyria by the work of my hands to be Israel, mine inheritance.

There are other scriptures as well, but they are just opinions from a man who spiritualizes a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or