U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 05:57 AM

56,005 posts, read 54,508,374 times

Advertisements

The Rabbi in the video is very clear and informative in his presentation. He seeks to teach.

Thank you, Pruzhany.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:46 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,101,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The Rabbi in the video is very clear and informative in his presentation. He seeks to teach.

Thank you, Pruzhany.
I imagine the man is more considerate than most have been where gentle spirits are found to roam and ask for a strength from those who have the ears and eyes of the innocent.

But no.

Some have grown even more so bold in their lust for possessions that they have already sold.
Something more valuable than gold or silver, or memory itself..

You are not welcome to visit the judaism forum Ever.,

Oh,
And those other little foul birds will be dealt with..

Last edited by pinacled; 09-04-2018 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 01:17 PM

55,647 posts, read 74,585,953 times
If you look at their track record they are the original
Accused of being White and lucky
Smart and work hard will always be envyed
If you ar successful and diligent you will always be called daddy’s favorite
People will hate you for it

Old 09-05-2018, 01:20 PM

14,782 posts, read 4,960,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I imagine the man is more considerate than most have been where gentle spirits are found to roam and ask for a strength from those who have the ears and eyes of the innocent.

But no.

Some have grown even more so bold in their lust for possessions that they have already sold.
Something more valuable than gold or silver, or memory itself..

You are not welcome to visit the judaism forum Ever.,

Oh,
And those other little foul birds will be dealt with..
Well, I deleted what I said, but what is this all about?

Old 09-05-2018, 01:30 PM

10,525 posts, read 15,573,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That was a good video. Short and to the point and well-explained.

The Rabbi is correct in that it is the perception of many non-Jews that "chosenness" means superiority. It's often viewed by others as akin to a sibling claiming to be Daddy's favorite. This perception is usually not born out of hostility but rather a lack of understanding.

Years ago when I posted on the old AOL message boards, I came across one that was frequented by a group of Jewish women. I learned so much from them, and from them it was the first time I ever heard that being chosen meant a sense of obligation to Jews, not superiority. I was surprised to learn it, and also a little chagrined that I had never questioned that it was otherwise. This was about fifteen years ago. Since then, I've tried to do my part to get the message across to others.

I was also lucky in that for a year after my retirement in 2016, I worked part-time for a company owned by a Satmar Hasidic family in Boro Park, Brooklyn. The women who worked there were great, explaining things to me about their modesty rules for dressing and holiday practices and foods.

At one time a few years ago, I wanted to start an interfaith subforum on R&S wherein people of different faiths felt comfortable exchanging information regarding our differences and our commonalities, a place to learn things about one another such as the above and by doing so, take down walls. As a WTC survivor, that has been my song and story ever since That Day. Unfortunately, I was told it would never fly. Too bad.

I don't know what "the other" post referred to is and I really do not care.
But I read and re read this one above and for the best of me, I can not find anything offensive or bashing on mongering or insulting in it. MOF, it is quite filled with praise to Jews, as nice kind people.
I have only one remark, MQ.

Jews are chosen to bring the Light to the world, not just to Jews. Another rabbi said that, for example, part of Yeshua destiny was to bring Torah to the people of the world. As an example.

Knowing what this will result in, I am not re attending to this thread. I'm working on positive mindset... no need to ruin it.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:55 PM

56,005 posts, read 54,508,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I don't know what "the other" post referred to is and I really do not care.
But I read and re read this one above and for the best of me, I can not find anything offensive or bashing on mongering or insulting in it. MOF, it is quite filled with praise to Jews, as nice kind people.
I have only one remark, MQ.

Jews are chosen to bring the Light to the world, not just to Jews. Another rabbi said that, for example, part of Yeshua destiny was to bring Torah to the people of the world. As an example.

Knowing what this will result in, I am not re attending to this thread. I'm working on positive mindset... no need to ruin it.
Thank you. I am very careful as to how I word my posts, but still, one must remember to maintain a thick skin when posting on message boards such as these.

Well said on the bolded. May we all do our best to bring light no matter what our spiritual path.

Peace be with you.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:38 PM

10,525 posts, read 15,573,695 times
Moderator cut: Unclear as to what this was meant to convey, but it appears that there was an attempt to circumvent the inappropriate words filter, as well as being unrelated to the "Chosenness" topic.

Some things are better left to the higher judge.

Peaceful wishes accepted and granted back at sender. Be well and let The Light be with you.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 09-06-2018 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: Off-topic and inappropriate language implied.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:32 PM

13,092 posts, read 13,683,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Moderator cut: Unclear as to what this was meant to convey, but it appears that there was an attempt to circumvent the inappropriate words filter, as well as being unrelated to the "Chosenness" topic.

Some things are better left to the higher judge.

Peaceful wishes accepted and granted back at sender. Be well and let The Light be with you.
this is your "peaceful wishes" ?
this is your "positive mindset you are working on" ?
this is your "light" ?

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 09-06-2018 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: Off-topic and inappropriate language implied

Old 09-08-2018, 09:30 PM

3,945 posts, read 3,337,959 times
MQ, I understood your OP to be giving us Jews the insight of the nasty things being said of us by non Jews. And you disagree with their ugly perceptions of Jews and state that we are simply born with a greater obligation to act and do good - that’s chosenness.

For my fellow Yidden, she’s correct. Much is expected of us by the Al-Mighty. With RH less than 24 hours away, let’s give it our all and end this long unbearable exile.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:42 AM

27,954 posts, read 15,039,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
MQ, I understood your OP to be giving us Jews the insight of the nasty things being said of us by non Jews. And you disagree with their ugly perceptions of Jews and state that we are simply born with a greater obligation to act and do good - that’s chosenness.

For my fellow Yidden, she’s correct. Much is expected of us by the Al-Mighty. With RH less than 24 hours away, let’s give it our all and end this long unbearable exile.
G-d chose us to be responsible and be a light unto the world and it seems as though Christianity has been trying to extinguish that light for two millennia...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or