U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 11:53 AM

14,783 posts, read 4,963,523 times

Advertisements

This subject has come up elsewhere that people have been insinuating that David and Jonathon were in a Homosexual relationship....

In my eyes, this is an extremely silly subject that has come up from time to time and I am always trying to get people to realize how silly this is.

David's Song for Saul and Jonathan
25How the mighty have fallen in the thick of battle! Jonathan lies slain on your heights. 26I grieve for you, Jonathan, my brother. You were delightful to me; your love to me was extraordinary, surpassing the love of women. 27How the mighty have fallen and the weapons of war have perished!

If we pretend that the author meant to show a Homosexual relationship, what would have occurred after David admitted he was a homosexual?

How can I explain to people just how silly this would be? I mean, if David had meant that he had a gay relationship with Jonathon, what would have occurred after this admission, and what would have been written of it?

Somebody also insinuated that Naomi and Ruth were in a homosexual relationship which I also find extremely silly.......

Can anyone add to this?

I always say that I can't know the whole truth of what was written because I wasn't born speaking Hebrew and I wasn't born practicing Judaism in the knowledge of the Oral Torah, I understand just how much that I don't understand, maybe somebody can give better reasons than me in how this subject looks silly.

It looks silly to me because if David would have meant to show himself in a Homosexual relationship with Jonathon or than Jonathan loved David in a Homosexual way, there would have to be a mountain written of it, NOT ONLY in the bible, but a mountain written of it in the Oral Torah. I don't know that anything is written in the Oral Torah, so I am asking here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or