U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 09:53 AM

1,391 posts, read 496,317 times

Advertisements

Does that mean you didn't read what I linked to?

Old 12-30-2018, 09:54 AM

2,788 posts, read 2,281,431 times
- Ok thanks I read it.

What scriptures are there for more than one Messiah?

Old 12-30-2018, 09:56 AM

13,092 posts, read 13,691,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
So instead of Resurrection
Judaism has the hope of Reincarnation? To die again and again forever?
Judiasm has both.
resurrection = t'chiyas hameisim.
reincarnation = gilgulim

Resurrection occurs at a future time. At that time everyone all people all nations recognize G-d and there is world peace. Are we there yet? No we are not.

Reincarnation is ongoing until we get to that future time.

"G-d willing, the awareness of gilgulim should help us to recognize that the purpose of our lives is personal tikun, or rectification ... It should motivate us to use every interaction as an opportunity to improve ourselves and those around us. And, finally, the awareness that Hashem never gives up on us, should motivate us never to give up on ourselves as well."
--- from part 5 link given a few posts back in post #5

"A foundation principle of Judaism is resurrection from the dead of the body and the soul. Reincarnation, on the other hand, is a phenomenon of the soul. Obviously, it is not the body that reincarnates from one lifetime to another. Moreover, it cannot be the "person" that reincarnates either. The person, for example, Isaac the son of Abraham, or Dinah the daughter of Leah, is a unique combination of soul and body. Just as the body does not reincarnate, so it seems that the combination of body and soul also cannot reincarnate."

https://www.chabad.org/kabbalah/arti...ncarnation.htm

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 12-30-2018 at 10:58 AM..

Old 12-30-2018, 10:02 AM

So God's desire is of the continual death sacrifices of animals; and of people for the eternal utopia peace on earth?

Old 12-30-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Judiasm has both.
Resurrection = techiat hameisim
Reincarnation = gilgulim

Resurrection occurs at a future time.
Reincarnation is ongoing until we get to that future time.

- Oh, ok, I didn't know Jews With Out Jesus believed in Resurrection.
- What Scriptures are there for Resurrection?

Old 12-30-2018, 10:23 AM

27,985 posts, read 15,057,939 times
Quote:
- Oh, ok, I didn't know Jews With Out Jesus believed in Resurrection.
What’s up with this “Jews without Jesus” comment?...What is your agenda here?...

Old 12-30-2018, 10:33 AM

13,092 posts, read 13,691,553 times
Quote:
- Oh, ok, I didn't know Jews believed in Resurrection.
This video addresses your question

https://www.chabad.org/multimedia/me...surrection.htm

Sourcing Resurrection: The Talmud on the World to Come, Lesson 3

"The Talmud seeks scriptural origins of the foundational Jewish belief: “the dead will live again”. The tracing trajectory leads us to Aaron HaKohen and subtleties of the mandatory Terumah offerings the Nation of Israel provides for the Kohen clerisy. Ultimately, our journey reaches across the strata of our history to the Patriarchal promises of Eretz Yisrael"

Old 12-30-2018, 10:38 AM

1,391 posts, read 496,317 times
Quote:
- Ok thanks I read it.

What scriptures are there for more than one Messiah?
well, the scriptures discusses many messiahs because each king and high priest was anointed as a messiah.

but if you are discussing the future messiah, it is one rabbinic understanding.
https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge...ach-ben-yosef/

Old 12-30-2018, 06:06 PM

11,186 posts, read 11,001,573 times

WHY didn't somebody report this ridiculous thread instead of posting all these replies???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or