Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 11:34 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,265,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the point in asking those questions is not to have them answered in an online forum. The simple exercise of a person identifying within themself "I choose this because..." "I reject this because..." "I consider this good because..." has tremendous value. Because it identifies our motivations and what it is we value, what's driving the bus in the choices we make.
And our answers also identify our blinders and the lens through which we distill our limited view of reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 12:43 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
So, after calling Reform and Conservative Jews incapable of being religious, that they reject God and Torah, that they "gut the heart and soul" out of it, you believe it is my use of ultra-orthodox sect that is offensive, disparaging, and causing divisiveness and strife within the Jewish people?
You are confusing my sis with another poster.

As for the Sheild of faith.
3s and 4s are the way of the King.

What is important about pearls of gentleness is sometimes they are only concealed to those who curse Yisrayl.

Such a discussion of the sukkah and Shabbat trees is not for those who desire an axe for the purpose of dividing a house founded in the Truth.

Axes of that sort are shattered due to the principles of their content of iron and clay. Though those axes may serve a temporary purpose to those who seek to wield them. They are nothing compared to the Feirceness of the Hearts who serve the eternal Holy One.

I hear tell of an axe that floats.
Perhaps those are the instruments of proper children who chose to wisely use their gifts so that the Land of Shabbat trees produce fruit continually.

But what do I know.

Last edited by pinacled; 03-13-2019 at 02:07 PM..

Old 03-13-2019, 01:44 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,364,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben Shunamit View Post
Re-read the above. I didn't say anything about Hareidim, and neither did you. The term Hasidic DOES apply to many Torah-observant American Jews in Boro Park, Williamsburg, Crown Heights, Kiryas Yoel and other places all over the country.
Sorry. My brain simply replaced the word Hereidi for Chasidic. No Hereidim in the US. Plenty of chasids.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:52 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Sorry. My brain simply replaced the word Hereidi for Chasidic. No Hereidim in the US. Plenty of chasids.
You get a rep from me for that...You are a Mensch...

Old 03-13-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You get a rep from me for that...You are a Mensch...
Amen,

Think of the beloved who Bodly profess a name above all names on earth. They Holy One of.....

Old 03-13-2019, 02:14 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Amen,

Think of the beloved who Bodly profess a name above all names on earth. They Holy One of.....
Please take your Christianity elsewhere...

Old 03-13-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Please take your Christianity elsewhere...
Oh,
Is that what you call Torah?

By all means move me with The Power you hold in your heart.

Bring rashi and you will lose youngin

Old 03-13-2019, 04:33 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
You are confusing my sis with another poster.
I read what she posts; I'm not the one who's confused here.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
I read what she posts; I'm not the one who's confused here.
Well then focus on something other than wether or not others disappoint yourself.

Look west and you will find patience.

As for names written in a book.
There are 15 trees to count til Shabbat pesach.

Bless each in the way.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer1982 View Post
I need to state first off that I'm not Jewish. That is the reason for this post.

My question is about the Star of David. I need to know if it would be considered offensive for someone who is not Jewish to wear one. My reason for wearing one would be simple. I admire the Jewish people. I can go into detail about that if anyone wants. But I wanted to ask this question first.
Forgive my friends.
Ill speak of the shield on pesach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism