U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:51 AM

4,137 posts, read 3,797,075 times

Advertisements

I still feel very secure and comfortable here in the US as a Jew. Not so much as a liberal.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:58 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,113,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, they really don’t have scales...
I suggest you sharpen those eyes a bit before speaking with argumentative motives.

If I recall correctly there may be a few distinct genera that do not. But it has been decades past that I explored the wonderful area of biology...

Rosends shared something from oral tradition..

What say you about that mantle?

Old 03-19-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
In Mitzrayim, the Jews were accused of dual loyalty. Achashveirus and Haman in Megillas Esther we same the same accusation of dual loyalty. Now a prominent member of a current US political party, from the great state of Minnesota, again accuses us of dual loyalty. And furthermore, when she does so, she convinces her fellow politicians to pass a resolution against Islamaphobia as well as other forms of hatred - but no specific mention of the uniqueness of anti Semitism.

Folks, if you’re not scared. You should be.

Achashveirus threw a party a year before the drama in our Purim story. He invited all the different nations and people types who lived in Shushan to the party and even had his chefs prepare specific cultural foods for each group. The Jews came too - the wine was fully kosher. (Adapted from an idea I read from Rabbi Benjamin Blech): Do you think Achashveirus could have created a resolution “denying all forms of hatred, bigotry and Islamaphobia” and would the people of Shushan have passed it resoundingly? For sure! And exactly one year later, you find a Haman with a writ in his hands with full permission to ethnically cleanse every Jew in the land.

Please G-d one year from today we don’t have the colleagues of that Congresswoman from MN and all her peers seeking a writ to destroy us too. That’s how thin the balance is. 1 year from resolution to annihilation.
Personally,
I imagine the two being used for a certain part of a persons living armor. As an example to all those who do not speak the Truth.

While walking in prayer a person should recognize who lights their feet.

Blessings Always

Old 03-19-2019, 03:31 PM

10,567 posts, read 15,653,103 times
Shark skin feels exactly like sandpaper. It is made up of tiny teeth-like structures called placoid scales, also known as dermal denticles. These scales point towards the tail and helps to reduce friction from surrounding water when the shark swims.

Polynesian slave owners used to have mittens made out of shark skin. Unruly slave will get slapped across a body part with such glove, what usually skinned area glove went across. It was very brutal sadistic punishment.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Shark skin feels exactly like sandpaper. It is made up of tiny teeth-like structures called placoid scales, also known as dermal denticles. These scales point towards the tail and helps to reduce friction from surrounding water when the shark swims.

Polynesian slave owners used to have mittens made out of shark skin. Unruly slave will get slapped across a body part with such glove, what usually skinned area glove went across. It was very brutal sadistic punishment.
That slander about the Polynesian culture is inappropriate.
Most cultures have been slandered in this way for centuries.
Its a form sowing strife.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:49 PM

There is a mitzvah that holds. If a person finds a stranger continents away in distance speaking Torah. The mitzvah of ancient ways is to offer hospitality.

As for leather straps concerning chastisement. A pson or daughter only need look at the outcome of the three that were against iyov.

While the three were chastised and reminded of the 21 oxen they forgot to offer in peace.
I imagine there is double message hidden with the Lords message.

If I recall correctly there is mention of the daughters of kingdom Torah trampling the hard hearts of men with cloven feet.

Blessings Always

Old 03-20-2019, 02:12 AM

27,999 posts, read 15,087,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I suggest you sharpen those eyes a bit before speaking with argumentative motives.

If I recall correctly there may be a few distinct genera that do not. But it has been decades past that I explored the wonderful area of biology...

Rosends shared something from oral tradition..

What say you about that mantle?
And you’re still wrong about sharks...

Old 03-20-2019, 03:04 AM

142 posts, read 67,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
In Mitzrayim, the Jews were accused of dual loyalty. Achashveirus and Haman in Megillas Esther we same the same accusation of dual loyalty. Now a prominent member of a current US political party, from the great state of Minnesota, again accuses us of dual loyalty. And furthermore, when she does so, she convinces her fellow politicians to pass a resolution against Islamaphobia as well as other forms of hatred - but no specific mention of the uniqueness of anti Semitism.

Folks, if you’re not scared. You should be.

Achashveirus threw a party a year before the drama in our Purim story. He invited all the different nations and people types who lived in Shushan to the party and even had his chefs prepare specific cultural foods for each group. The Jews came too - the wine was fully kosher. (Adapted from an idea I read from Rabbi Benjamin Blech): Do you think Achashveirus could have created a resolution “denying all forms of hatred, bigotry and Islamaphobia” and would the people of Shushan have passed it resoundingly? For sure! And exactly one year later, you find a Haman with a writ in his hands with full permission to ethnically cleanse every Jew in the land.

Please G-d one year from today we don’t have the colleagues of that Congresswoman from MN and all her peers seeking a writ to destroy us too. That’s how thin the balance is. 1 year from resolution to annihilation.
1) The reason for the oppression for the jews/Israelites in Egypt was due to xenophobia and that their numbers was growing, The fear was that they would take over Egpyt now down to dual loyalty

2) Fast forward to Shushan Persia the actual real reason for Haman's wicked plan to destroy the persian jews was because according to the story which we will read and hear tonight and tomorrow is because Mordecai refused to bow down to Haman nothing to do with dual loyalty

Old 03-20-2019, 07:42 AM

3,964 posts, read 3,348,739 times
Does it frighten any of you to see the institutionalization of Jew hatred (and the protecting of those who do so) by one of our political parties? Or do you disagree that’s happened?

Old 03-20-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And you’re still wrong about sharks...
If you know the distinction between the waters then speak up youngin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or