U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 01:51 AM

14,837 posts, read 4,973,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
Those sound like beautiful dogs!
Somebody pulled in my driveway and stole my two blue puppies, and I mean BLUE, like you never seen blue dogs, shockingly blue.

I had them for about 3 weeks, they stole my fawn Doberman and I mean a blonde Doberman, the father to those blue puppies.

I saw them leave the driveway, too late. My Shadrack was about 80 pounds,and pushing, nothing but muscle, the most beautiful doberman anyone ever saw, he is ten thousand to one, paid 2000 bucks, he was a member of the family, my mom loved that dog as much as me lol, somebody went to attack my mom once, and Shadrack was just a baby then, but. he pounced on that person like a freaking lion and my mom started crying, she was so touched.

Somebody had pulled into my drive and taken my world.

3 years later a boney scraggly almost dead, 20 pound dog showed up in my yard and I didn't recognize him accept for the scar between his eyes when he jumped a fence after a bull.

I couldn't believe it, it was my stolen dog almost dead, I mean that if I wouldn't have fed him, he might have died right there and then.

Where had he been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 01:55 AM

I bred him, and the people I bred him to, they followed me home, and took back the two puppies and the father, they lived 500 miles away, I can only think of how long that dog wandered.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:44 AM

585 posts, read 58,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I bred him, and the people I bred him to, they followed me home, and took back the two puppies and the father, they lived 500 miles away, I can only think of how long that dog wandered.

That's terrible! You called the police, right?

Old 04-08-2019, 11:54 AM

No, couldn't prove anything.

Old 04-08-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
No, couldn't prove anything.

Damn... So sorry.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:37 AM

178 posts, read 178,695 times
I think I have a great name for your dog. Well, we gave it to our 120 lb. Rottweiler service dog. We lived in Israel for a couple of years making Aliyah and returned back to the US. Anyway, when we were there I learned the word for dog in Hebrew. It is "Kalev." So, we named our baby "Kalev." (<:

Old 04-12-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjcohen View Post
I think I have a great name for your dog. Well, we gave it to our 120 lb. Rottweiler service dog. We lived in Israel for a couple of years making Aliyah and returned back to the US. Anyway, when we were there I learned the word for dog in Hebrew. It is "Kalev." So, we named our baby "Kalev." (<:
Kalev (כלב) is a great name for a dog! Did you know that currently the most popular breed of dog in Israel is the shih tzu? I've got a shih tzu mix and, coincidentally, I know other Jews who own shih tzu dogs here in the U.S. I wonder if that makes the shih tzu a "Jewish dog"?

According to this article in The Jerusalem Post...

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Wh...ir-pups-582817

...these were the most popular names for dogs in Israel in 2018:

Male
1. Toy
2. Louis

Female
1. Luna
2. Bell

I would have expected Hebrew names!

Old 04-13-2019, 07:38 PM

1,136 posts, read 1,433,438 times
The Canaan dog is also a protector of our Jewish brothers and sisters. If I get another dog, it will be that cute little foxy Canaan dog.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
The Canaan dog is also a protector of our Jewish brothers and sisters. If I get another dog, it will be that cute little foxy Canaan dog.

I love Canaan dogs! When John F. Kennedy, Jr. lived in NYC's TriBeCa neighborhood, he had a Canaan dog. He would never tell people that his dog was a specific purebred, and instead let them think he had some sort of mixed breed. That was because he knew how people emulate celebrities, and he hated the idea of people possibly going to a puppy mill to get a dog like his. John sadly died much too young, in a plane crash. He was a New York favorite.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:03 PM

1,136 posts, read 1,433,438 times
I didn't know that!

What a huge loss the Kennedys were. I feel like the world was a better place with them in it. Tragic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or