U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 10:26 AM

8,790 posts, read 10,705,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Fall of next year, assuming we are not at war by then...
Even in the event of a war in the ME, a trip to Israel would be interesting, and most likely safe. but then I bike commute in DC, so my standards may be a tad lenient in that regard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 01:34 AM

142 posts, read 67,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
What are you all learning these days? Or have you read a serious Jewish work recently that fascinated you?

I have a few shiurs I attend:
* The Menucha Principle
* Shabbos Malchus by Rav Shimshon Pinchas
* Shaare T’shuvah by Rebbeinu Yonah, I learn b’chevrusa every morning after Shacharis. It’s my most fixed learning time.
* Shabbos Chumash shiur (we’re on year 11 and are up to Parshas Kedoshim.)

And I’m learning Meseches Makkos b’iyun with my Rav.

Any talmud torah going on with the Yidden of CD?

Masket Chagiah
Mishneh Torah

Old 06-11-2019, 07:35 PM

37 posts, read 3,862 times
I have no desire to live in a cut-throat world forever. Which is why I allow people to cut my throat and not do the same thing in return.

I look at words God shared both before and after the flood. When the world was full of self-justified cut-throats, like Cain and Lamech and just like today. The words God shared both before and after the flood give me hope. Just as the Temple sacrifices have ceased and always pointed to what is beyond that as the blood was sprinkled on the Altar. The same place Abel looked too, the mercy seat.

That is what I am learning today. As I am also thankful to have friends who watch out for me in this wicked world.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:48 PM

27,953 posts, read 15,039,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
I have no desire to live in a cut-throat world forever. Which is why I allow people to cut my throat and not do the same thing in return.

I look at words God shared both before and after the flood. When the world was full of self-justified cut-throats, like Cain and Lamech and just like today. The words God shared both before and after the flood give me hope. Just as the Temple sacrifices have ceased and always pointed to what is beyond that as the blood was sprinkled on the Altar. The same place Abel looked too, the mercy seat.

That is what I am learning today. As I am also thankful to have friends who watch out for me in this wicked world.
What blood was sprinkled on the mercy seat?...

Old 06-11-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What blood was sprinkled on the mercy seat?...
I didn't mention blood sprinkled on the mercy seat. I said it is looked too.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I didn't mention blood sprinkled on the mercy seat. I said it is looked too.
Alright, altar then...

Old 06-13-2019, 07:53 AM

...What I have learned today, looking at my heritage, is that I am already free of this cut-throat world.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
...What I have learned today, looking at my heritage, is that I am already free of this cut-throat world.
What heritage?...

Old 06-13-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What heritage?...
First Light

Old 06-13-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
First Light
What’s that?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or