Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2020, 10:32 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,605,317 times

Advertisements

After what happened a few years ago, why would this ritual be started again?

https://www.pix11.com/news/local-new...mcision-ritual
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2020, 02:13 PM

609 posts, read 303,391 times
Why do you claim it started again? If you know anything, you know that it never stopped. Obviously, some community control is necessary for the prevention of the spread of disease, and if Yidn can't handle that, maybe the secular authorities will handle it, instead.

Old 02-26-2020, 03:56 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,725,737 times
I don't care what scriptural reference they use to justify doing it. Pikuach Nefesh trumps ALL, so this should be totally forbidden. And if Jews won't protect their infants, yes, we must turn to secular law to prevent it.

Old 02-26-2020, 05:34 PM

609 posts, read 303,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
I don't care what scriptural reference they use to justify doing it. Pikuach Nefesh trumps ALL, so this should be totally forbidden. And if Jews won't protect their infants, yes, we must turn to secular law to prevent it.
Get real. Metzitzah b'peh is not the danger. Metzitzah b'peh while infected is the danger. You know this. I know this. Even Pruzhany knows this. While outlawing it would prevent the problem, so would outlawing circumcision. In fact, outlawing Judaism and Jews would do an even better job.

Sorry, guys. We live in the US of A, and that's not how we do things here.

Old 02-26-2020, 10:44 PM

22,862 posts, read 10,253,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben Shunamit View Post
Get real. Metzitzah b'peh is not the danger. Metzitzah b'peh while infected is the danger. You know this. I know this. Even Pruzhany knows this. While outlawing it would prevent the problem, so would outlawing circumcision. In fact, outlawing Judaism and Jews would do an even better job.

Sorry, guys. We live in the US of A, and that's not how we do things here.
I havent even looked up what the Jewish words mean in this thread yet, but I do love your post cause thats how it is, outlawing Jews and Judaism aint no new concept. Thank you for your service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism