U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 03:24 PM

554 posts, read 52,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalhevet View Post
I went through a situation (which I'd rather not get into online) that was very, very traumatic for me. However, it is in part what brought me to Judaism. I don't think Gd caused or created the situation, but I do think Judaism was my gift for surviving it.
I'm sorry about that experience you had, and I can understand why you'd rather not talk about it online.

To view Judaism as a gift for helping you survive such a situation is a beautiful means of coping. Judaism really is self-empowering. Blessings and peace to you, Shalhevet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 05:11 PM

81 posts, read 14,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
When one is an open book, then no one can manipulate you or use it against you...
Believe me, you will not get that opportunity. I do not have to expose myself to you to satisfy your curiosity.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:41 AM

27,953 posts, read 15,035,923 times
Quote:
Believe me, you will not get that opportunity. I do not have to expose myself to you to satisfy your curiosity.
Didnít say that you did and Iím not looking for an opportunity to do anything...

Old 06-19-2019, 06:12 AM

37 posts, read 3,840 times
Quote:
I see the people on this thread who shared covering with you, as people sharing gifts from Hashem with you. Just as David called it, coming under the shadow of the wing.

And you also handled it well with your response.

I know that people like to poke at both old and new wounds, but I prefer covering and healing.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:53 AM

A P.S. to my post; By covering you acted as children of Shem, who then received the Gift of Hashem.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:04 AM

554 posts, read 52,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
A P.S. to my post; By covering you acted as children of Shem, who then received the Gift of Hashem.

I don't quite understand your analogy. Are you suggesting that Shalhavet was in some way drunk and naked like Noach was, and in need of her fellow Jews to "cover her up"? Shalhavet seems to me to be pretty good at taking care of herself – she's strong and empowered by her faith.

I believe Richard when he implied that he didn't intend to offend. I think we just had a misunderstanding here.

@All my fellow Jews: Let's celebrate both the gifts of HaShem and Ahavat Yisrael!

Old 06-19-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I don't quite understand your analogy. Are you suggesting that Shalhavet was in some way drunk and naked like Noach was, and in need of her fellow Jews to "cover her up"? Shalhavet seems to me to be pretty good at taking care of herself – she's strong and empowered by her faith.

I believe Richard when he implied that he didn't intend to offend. I think we just had a misunderstanding here.

@All my fellow Jews: Let's celebrate both the gifts of HaShem and Ahavat Yisrael!
No, I was speaking of the act of covering, and the blessing that went with it, just as the thread is titled. I know Shalhavet is strong as I referenced in my post.

I don't know Richards motives. When I wrote that people like to poke at both old and new wounds, I was speaking from personal experience. So, I can also accept that he did not intend to offend.

P.S. I can also share many acts of covering from God's word. I just chose the one that went along with the title of the thread.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:49 AM

27,953 posts, read 15,035,923 times
No, I didn’t intend to offend...

Old 06-19-2019, 10:20 AM

I need to correct the record, because I don't like the term that basically says; sorry, if I offended you, because that is the opposite of an apology.

It is better to own up to it and ask forgiveness.

P.S. I also need to correct a spelling error when I wrote the name Shalhevet, I misspelled it Shalhavet.

Last edited by chief scum; 06-19-2019 at 11:09 AM..

Old 06-19-2019, 12:00 PM

81 posts, read 14,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, I didnít intend to offend...
Thank you, Richard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism