U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 12:38 PM

28,230 posts, read 15,284,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Everyone who read this post and understood it, has at least 3 gifts, that are taken for granted:
1. gift of life
2. gift of intelligence
3. gift of Self-ness. I mean - Self-ness, I-ness, as being I/Self vs all the rest.

One who thinks about it, will understand, how immense those un noticed gifts really are.

What is there else to ask for?
Wisdom to know the difference...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 06:20 PM

2 posts, read 121 times
Default Boruch HaShem

every breath, every moment is a wonderful and special gift from Dearest Hashem.
nothing can be expected. we are alive only because of Dearest Hashems mercy and love.

Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 877 times
I feel that when I am connected to hashem, everything falls into its proper place, even if there is pain and loss involved. As long as I'm in the covenant with hashem, everything makes sense. I have a continual sense of wonderment about this experience, because it means that I have connected to en sof and to shekhinah in the right way; I'm a part of the entire creation.

It's when I want to take my will and heart back that I get into trouble, worshipping all sorts of calves of gold...

Old Today, 06:10 AM

856 posts, read 101,099 times
Welcome to the Judaism forum, Barry Small and alltatup! What beautiful first postings you have made here! Hope to see more of you!

Old Today, 03:36 PM

434 posts, read 131,625 times
In retrospect, I have had several major gifts from haShem, which were not readily recognizable at the time. They also fairly clearly furthered his purposes for some others as well as for me.

Unsurprisingly, none of this would be visible to one who was not at least open to the existence of haShem.

Old Today, 04:10 PM

1,527 posts, read 518,934 times
It is difficult to spot what isn't a gift from Hashem. Even bad things are, in their own ways, gifts because they are opportunities to rise above and strengthen faith. I spoke at my dad's (A"H) funeral about how, in a way, his death was a gift to him. We thank Hashem every morning for being one who is matir- asurim -- releasing the bound. My father was trapped in a failing body. He couldn't daven and that hurt him. His passing freed his soul.

It is really tough to see tragedy as a gift, but we are taught that in the same way that we make a blessing over what appears to be good, we must make a blessing over what appears to be bad.

Old Today, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben Shunamit View Post
In retrospect, I have had several major gifts from haShem, which were not readily recognizable at the time. They also fairly clearly furthered his purposes for some others as well as for me.

Unsurprisingly, none of this would be visible to one who was not at least open to the existence of haShem.

I think this is very true. One can't appreciate the generosity of HaShem's gifts unless one believes.

Old Today, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
It is difficult to spot what isn't a gift from Hashem. Even bad things are, in their own ways, gifts because they are opportunities to rise above and strengthen faith. I spoke at my dad's (A"H) funeral about how, in a way, his death was a gift to him. We thank Hashem every morning for being one who is matir- asurim -- releasing the bound. My father was trapped in a failing body. He couldn't daven and that hurt him. His passing freed his soul.

It is really tough to see tragedy as a gift, but we are taught that in the same way that we make a blessing over what appears to be good, we must make a blessing over what appears to be bad.
Yes, I agree that even the bad things can result in HaShem creating opportunities for us in one way or another. Sometimes strife among individuals can result in an opportunity to come together for a common goal.

Rabbi, are you going to add A"H to the Forum Project topic I posted? Hebrew abbreviations count, too. I know that a lot of other people on this forum have something to contribute, and I hope to see them taking part, as well. Forum Project All invited!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism