U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 08:56 AM

78 posts, read 11,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
This is the word of encouragement that I hear today. When Samuel went to the house of Jesse to anoint the King. It is established that God saw David through it all. The anointing of David as King is founded and established in that from the start. And you can see that through everything David went through in every example, even sin. And David acknowledged that God see's him through it all before he faced Goliath, that God had delivered him and the flocks he was attending from bears and lions.

If you recount David's life you can see that God saw him through it all. And I hope that others know that in their hearts too. Even past the grave. David is known as a man after God's Heart, and just as God saw David through it all. David saw God through it all.
There is a deluge of lies, misinformation, twisted truth and perversion of existence over the earth. They produce video games for the youth that glorifies killing and murder, as they present all this horrific stuff as a "game" and the players seek to be so-called "winners". Now Hollywood has a new movie out called "Hunt Game" presenting murder and killing as a "game". In their commercial it says; This movie is not yet rated. I will give it a rating; Don't watch it.

A gun can't change it's mind. While they seek their wicked influence over the minds in many forms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 09:34 AM

898 posts, read 112,345 times
Quote:
There is a deluge of lies, misinformation, twisted truth and perversion of existence over the earth. They produce video games for the youth that glorifies killing and murder, as they present all this horrific stuff as a "game" and the players seek to be so-called "winners". Now Hollywood has a new movie out called "Hunt Game" presenting murder and killing as a "game". In their commercial it says; This movie is not yet rated. I will give it a rating; Don't watch it.

A gun can't change it's mind. While they seek their wicked influence over the minds in many forms.

Chief Scum, please have some respect for people who are posting in this thread about their loved ones.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
Chief Scum, please have some respect for people who are posting in this thread about their loved ones.
The reason I quoted my previous post with the post you quoted, was as my prayer for the people in this world and all the bad stuff going on and that God would see them through it all.

I know that I don't deserve any respect, my respect and hope was for the people who died and are suffering right now. As they have their candle vigils.

As I said, a gun has no mind to change. People do have minds that can be changed, for better or for worse. I choose for the better.

Last edited by chief scum; 08-04-2019 at 10:22 AM..

Old 08-04-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
The reason I quoted my previous post with the post you quoted, was as my prayer for the people in this world and all the bad stuff going on and that God would see them through it all.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that was a kind of prayer.

Quote:
I know that I don't deserve any respect, my respect and hope was for the people who died and are suffering right now. As they have their candle vigils.

Your thoughts are kind, and I respect you for your kindness.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I'm sorry. I didn't realize that was a kind of prayer.

Your thoughts are kind, and I respect you for your kindness.
I don't want you to be sorry. The words I shared about David are a translation of King David's life to today.

I wrote another paragraph at the bottom of my post in the "What are you learning right now thread", which also translates the life of Abraham and Isaac and how it translated to the Passover and the Israelites crossing the Red Sea, which is also translated in David's life, for him to live in, that can be pointed out.

I figure much of what I write is prayer in that regard. Even though it isn't written in prayer form.

I figure I am different from what people are used to and I don't want that to be misleading. I will try to be clearer, my bad.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I figure I am different from what people are used to and I don't want that to be misleading. I will try to be clearer, my bad.

Clarity is good. I'm not always clear, myself.

Oh, and different is good, too.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:27 PM

28,264 posts, read 15,327,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
Such a nice thread! I will pray for those mentioned here.

A friend of mine lives far away and has completed treatment for cancer. However, she is worried about recurrence. Please keep her in mind in your prayers. Also, a female relative is in a home. Please pray for her continued safety.

Thanks so much.
As you ask, it is done...

Old 08-04-2019, 12:29 PM

28,264 posts, read 15,327,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Such a valuable use of the internet and these forums. Thank you Rachel for starting this and for each contributor and for anyone reading who gives positive healing thoughts.
Very touching reading this today.
Rachel is such a sweet soul...Blessings of HaShem on her...

Old 08-08-2019, 06:40 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,458,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
As you ask, it is done...

Thank you so much.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:41 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,458,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Rachel is such a sweet soul...Blessings of HaShem on her...

Agree 1000%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or