U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 06:42 PM

78 posts, read 11,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
This is the word of encouragement that I hear today. When Samuel went to the house of Jesse to anoint the King. It is established that God saw David through it all. The anointing of David as King is founded and established in that from the start. And you can see that through everything David went through in every example, even sin. And David acknowledged that God see's him through it all before he faced Goliath, that God had delivered him and the flocks he was attending from bears and lions.

If you recount David's life you can see that God saw him through it all. And I hope that others know that in their hearts too. Even past the grave. David is known as a man after God's Heart, and just as God saw David through it all. David saw God through it all.
If God see's the King, David through it all, how much more will He see the least of the children of Israel through it all. Just as David showed Mephibosheth as he sat at the King's table and all his heritage and inheritance restored to him, just as David fulfilled his covenant word with Jonathan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 08:22 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,458,923 times
I would greatly appreciate it if everyone could include G. in the Mi Sheberach. She is in the hospital in FL and they are evacuating the hospitals.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:26 AM

898 posts, read 112,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
I would greatly appreciate it if everyone could include G. in the Mi Sheberach. She is in the hospital in FL and they are evacuating the hospitals.

Is that Gilah? Yikes. Definitely my prayers are with her and everyone else in Florida right now!

Old 09-02-2019, 08:36 AM

28,264 posts, read 15,327,408 times
I second Rachel's commitment...

Old 09-02-2019, 09:16 AM

No, this is GB, although if Gilah needs prayers, she has them also!

Old 09-04-2019, 10:53 AM

12,186 posts, read 16,953,566 times
I think most of you know that I'm a young adult cancer survivor and really involved in the young adult community. While we have great success stories, my own included (just passed my 8th "survivorversary"), we also have incredibly hard moments.

A dear friend who I met through an adventure therapy org for young adult cancer survivors, who also now works with me, just found out she has stage IV metastatic breast cancer. She's 28, and had been clear since her mastectomy for stage II breast cancer when she was 23 or 24. It is profoundly unfair.

I don't know her Hebrew name, but have been praying for her using the name she is known by in our community. We all go by nicknames in the community and I'm sure G-d will know where to find her.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I think most of you know that I'm a young adult cancer survivor and really involved in the young adult community. While we have great success stories, my own included (just passed my 8th "survivorversary"), we also have incredibly hard moments.

A dear friend who I met through an adventure therapy org for young adult cancer survivors, who also now works with me, just found out she has stage IV metastatic breast cancer. She's 28, and had been clear since her mastectomy for stage II breast cancer when she was 23 or 24. It is profoundly unfair.

I don't know her Hebrew name, but have been praying for her using the name she is known by in our community. We all go by nicknames in the community and I'm sure G-d will know where to find her.

I'm sure, too, that G-d will know where to find her. Sending prayers that she gets through this and (despite this being stage IV) I pray nevertheless that she has many survirorversaries to come.

Congratulations on your 8th, Charolastra.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

Congratulations on your 8th, and I will be happy to pray for your friend, Charolastra!

Old 09-04-2019, 07:40 PM

115 posts, read 19,392 times
What about these different places ,that will arrange that your prayer and blessing will be said at the Western Wall , and the paper that you wrote your prayer on, will get put between the cracks of the stones from the wall?
https://english.thekotel.org/kotel/send_note/
This is one of them

Old 09-04-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin mouse View Post
What about these different places ,that will arrange that your prayer and blessing will be said at the Western Wall , and the paper that you wrote your prayer on, will get put between the cracks of the stones from the wall?
https://english.thekotel.org/kotel/send_note/
This is one of them

I think you'll want to ask Pruzhany about that. I think he mentioned a word of caution once about that, but I could be remembering wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or