U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 03:31 AM

21,444 posts, read 24,420,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I think you'll want to ask Pruzhany about that. I think he mentioned a word of caution once about that, but I could be remembering wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ujemJo8jM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqyB3vZtGAI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 08:34 AM

898 posts, read 112,345 times
Thanks, Pruz! What I was thinking of was that if someone asks you for money to put a prayer in the Wall, isn't that something to be wary of? I heard that this sometimes happens to visitors to Jerusalem.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:30 AM

21,444 posts, read 24,420,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
Thanks, Pruz! What I was thinking of was that if someone asks you for money to put a prayer in the Wall, isn't that something to be wary of? I heard that this sometimes happens to visitors to Jerusalem.
At the Kotel itself? There are people who mumble some fake prayer or offer to place the note in the wall for them for a donation. I've seen people who fall for it and once saw one grab the cash out of someone's wallet. Best thing is to ignore them and continue walking.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
At the Kotel itself? There are people who mumble some fake prayer or offer to place the note in the wall for them for a donation. I've seen people who fall for it and once saw one grab the cash out of someone's wallet. Best thing is to ignore them and continue walking.

Right, that's what I remember you talking about. In this age of the Internet, I wonder whether any of these unscrupulous people might have gotten the idea to set up a website for this purpose?

Are you going to add the word Kotel to the Forum Project list?

Old 09-09-2019, 07:40 PM

115 posts, read 19,392 times
Who would pay for someone to deliver your prayer to the wall, if you’re at the Kotel in person?
It’ll rob you of the blessings from doing it yourself. Of course, someone who isn’t frum, might want to pay or donate towards someone else doing it for you.
Would they do it on a woman’s behalf ( if you’re Jewish, that is) ?

Old 09-10-2019, 12:12 PM

For all who died on 9/11, for those who survived and must live with these memories, and for all the families and friends who suffered the loss of loved ones, I offer my prayers. I will be praying and thinking of all of you tomorrow on that sad day.

Old Today, 02:02 PM

122 posts, read 25,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin mouse View Post
Who would pay for someone to deliver your prayer to the wall, if youíre at the Kotel in person?
Itíll rob you of the blessings from doing it yourself. Of course, someone who isnít frum, might want to pay or donate towards someone else doing it for you.
Would they do it on a womanís behalf ( if youíre Jewish, that is) ?
Women can go to the Wall and pray themselves. There's a women's section, separate from the men. I don't recommend giving anyone money at the Kotel. Someone tried to tie red strings around the wrists of my husband and sons when we went there. "Lo" in a firm voice usually does the trick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or