Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 07:09 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,870,880 times

Advertisements

From time to time there are those of us in this little forum family who may have loved ones in need of physical or emotional healing. This is only a suggestion, but perhaps we can post something about someone who is close to us and in need of healing, so that others here might include that person in their prayers?

If you decide to participate, please do not post anyone's actual name. Just a brief description of that person and that person's relationship to you will suffice. Or you can ask for prayers for yourself if you are in need of healing.

This is not intended to take the place of public prayers in one's house of worship. This is only to offer an opportunity to share compassion and support for others here.

For those who are not Jewish and unfamiliar with our prayers for healing, here is a link for you:

https://www.chabad.org/library/artic...-Sheberach.htm

I'll go first: My elderly neighbor has been in the hospital for quite a long time (I've been taking care of her cat while she's away). She is not Jewish, but I know she appreciates my prayers for her. She lives alone and I worry about her. I pray for her healing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 05:29 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
This is a very nice idea and use for the forum. I will think of your elderly neighbor.

I don't know that I want to give too much information but I will request this for a family of four (mother father and 2 adult daughters) as well as one older female.
The family could use some spiritual healing and the older female could use some physical healing.

Old 07-26-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
This is a very nice idea and use for the forum. I will think of your elderly neighbor.

I don't know that I want to give too much information but I will request this for a family of four (mother father and 2 adult daughters) as well as one older female.
The family could use some spiritual healing and the older female could use some physical healing.

That's kind of you to think of them, Mayvenne.

Old 07-26-2019, 05:48 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Aw. So sweet. xxxooo

Old 07-26-2019, 06:49 AM

Shabbat Shalom, everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX5T...t=70&t=70&t=70

Old 07-26-2019, 07:26 AM

1,478 posts, read 478,086 times
This is the word of encouragement that I hear today. When Samuel went to the house of Jesse to anoint the King. It is established that God saw David through it all. The anointing of David as King is founded and established in that from the start. And you can see that through everything David went through in every example, even sin. And David acknowledged that God see's him through it all before he faced Goliath, that God had delivered him and the flocks he was attending from bears and lions.

If you recount David's life you can see that God saw him through it all. And I hope that others know that in their hearts too. Even past the grave. David is known as a man after God's Heart, and just as God saw David through it all. David saw God through it all.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:47 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
Shabbat Shalom, Rachel...

Old 07-28-2019, 08:02 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,732,449 times
Such a nice thread! I will pray for those mentioned here.

A friend of mine lives far away and has completed treatment for cancer. However, she is worried about recurrence. Please keep her in mind in your prayers. Also, a female relative is in a home. Please pray for her continued safety.

Thanks so much.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
Such a nice thread! I will pray for those mentioned here.

A friend of mine lives far away and has completed treatment for cancer. However, she is worried about recurrence. Please keep her in mind in your prayers. Also, a female relative is in a home. Please pray for her continued safety.

Thanks so much.

Thanks, Chana. I will keep both your friend and relative in mind.

I'm posting a prayer request on behalf of forum member Richard1965 (with his permission). He has a close friend who is in need of healing. I also think that Richard could use some healing prayers right now as well, as he is going through a difficult time with his concern for his friend. In fact, it was on account of Richard's situation that I was moved to start this topic.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:20 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
Such a valuable use of the internet and these forums. Thank you Rachel for starting this and for each contributor and for anyone reading who gives positive healing thoughts.
Very touching reading this today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism