U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 09:31 AM

32,271 posts, read 33,175,458 times

Advertisements

I saw this enlightening article:

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...563608,00.html

What are your thoughts on this?
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:47 AM

702 posts, read 77,337 times
Quoted from linked article:

Quote:
The Kornfelds are a musical family. In 2001, they released a CD called "Fathers and Sons," featuring 10 Hasidic songs that are sung and played by Rabbi Motti and his sons Judah, Samuel, Shlomo and Daniel. And over the past two years, Daniel himself has begun writing and composing songs.

I think that this kind of creativity and working together goes a long way towards keeping families together, no matter what spiritual paths individuals within the family may choose to take. The key is in finding common ground.

Music as common ground not only works for families, I think it also works well for the entire world.

Old Today, 10:14 AM

62 posts, read 8,577 times
I know a person who excommunicated a person who built their home. They decided they did not like the building, even though they could have said so during the construction. That person got rid of the builder, and yet they still live in that house.

When people excommunicate others it's a sign they have low communication skills, and are incapable of understanding another point of view intellectually. There is basically no discussion, it's mostly just confrontation and lack of having capacity. Those that are forced to leave a home by these types, are substantially better off without the dead weight of manipulative people attached to them.

Old Today, 12:33 PM

3,974 posts, read 3,361,936 times
It happens, and itís a tragedy. The child has the world and all its greatness at his fingertips, and itís thrown away for nothingness. The heartbreak a parent feels in this situation in incalculable.

But throwing your child out is not the solution. I have known this tragedy to occur, but Iíve never once seen the child kicked out. My own Rav had 1 of his 10 kids go off the derech. My Rav spoke to his Rav, and the psak he received was to love his son and keep him close and showered with love. Maybe one day heíll come back from the abyss. But to ostracize would only harm him further. Ultimately, his fate is in Hashemís hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or