Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 06:02 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,364,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Right?...I love that place,,especially the book section in the back...Have you been there?...
I have been there. Just have to decide each time if best to get a J2 Pizza slice before or after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 06:18 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,875,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
What else does everyone collect? I love dreidels. They're beautiful.

I have a collection of books on the subject of Jewish names, which includes every name book written by Rabbi Alfred J. Kolatch. The gem in my collection is a first edition (1948) of Rabbi Kolatch's very first book on Jewish names, titled These Are the Names, in which he included the results of his historic study of Jewish names based on his compilation of children's names from Hebrew schools throughout the U.S.

Old 08-28-2019, 01:11 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I have been there. Just have to decide each time if best to get a J2 Pizza slice before or after.
J2 pizza, now ya got me hungry...Good pizza...Have you been next door to The Centre of Town?...The only Store with a Mikvah...

Old 08-28-2019, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I just checked out their online store. Wow! Amazing selection of books. And other stuff -- I'd never seen a Jerusalem edition of Monopoly before! I'd love to know what Jerusalem properties they used for Boardwalk and Park Place.
Monopoly Board Game: Jerusalem Edition in Hebrew and English by Hasbro Gaming

Old 08-28-2019, 04:47 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
What else does everyone collect? I love dreidels. They're beautiful.
How about a decorative Purim noise maker?!

Old 08-28-2019, 06:46 AM

Thanks, Richard! That certainly answers my question about which properties in Jerusalem were used for Boardwalk and Park Place!

I think the makers of the Jerusalem edition of Monopoly also should have changed the little metal tokens into something more reminiscent of Jerusalem. I would have swapped the scottie dog for one of Jerusalem's stray cats. The top hat could be changed to a kippah? The sports car could be changed to one of the public transportation buses?

Old 08-28-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Richard! That certainly answers my question about which properties in Jerusalem were used for Boardwalk and Park Place!

I think the makers of the Jerusalem edition of Monopoly also should have changed the little metal tokens into something more reminiscent of Jerusalem. I would have swapped the scottie dog for one of Jerusalem's stray cats. The top hat could be changed to a kippah? The sports car could be changed to one of the public transportation buses?
You might could call them and suggest it...To add, Menorah, Challah loaf, Dreidel’ maybe...

Old 08-28-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
You might could call them and suggest it...To add, Menorah, Challah loaf, Dreidel’ maybe...

Those are great ideas! Hey, why don't we make this a Judaism Forum project? We'll get members here to make suggestions, tally them up, and then I'll send the list to TPTB. We might even get a reply back from them! (Hopefully something positive, and not "Why are you people bothering me with this?" LOL)

Old 08-28-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Those are great ideas! Hey, why don't we make this a Judaism Forum project? We'll get members here to make suggestions, tally them up, and then I'll send the list to TPTB. We might even get a reply back from them! (Hopefully something positive, and not "Why are you people bothering me with this?" LOL)
Just might see an update game in the future....

Old 08-30-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Just might see an update game in the future....
Ima gonna do it!

Speaking of games... I've been playing with Hebrew letters and anagrams again, and I've come up with a new Hebrew name (Artzi Nidri) for you, Richard:

אני ריצ'רד Ani Richard "I Am Richard"
=
ארצי נדרי Artzi Nidri "My Country, My Oath"

It seemed to me to be a good name for someone who served his country, as you have done. Thank you for your service, and...

Shabbat Shalom!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism