U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 10:50 PM

882 posts, read 106,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin mouse View Post
https://youtu.be/toDA6rZdPfA
This one is great. I wish I had that energy, no wonder they’re all so slim .
I’ll try to find one with the women

I have a cousin and when he dances at weddings like that, there's no matching his energy. lol

I don't think that you'll have an easy time finding videos posted online of frum women dancing. It would be considered immodest to show the women dancing. Although they dance, too, at weddings, but usually on the other side of draperies that divide the room from the men. At least, that's been my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I enjoyed that Chabad article. Thanks for posting it.

I heard from my Rav, that while the women were dancing and singing, the men were at the shore of the Yam Suf collecting the gold and silver of the dead Mitzrim. In other words, they were too distracted to hear the women.

That's good.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:17 AM

28,242 posts, read 15,299,431 times
Quote:
I enjoyed that Chabad article. Thanks for posting it.

I heard from my Rav, that while the women were dancing and singing, the men were at the shore of the Yam Suf collecting the gold and silver of the dead Mitzrim. In other words, they were too distracted to hear the women.
Then who wrote the account?...

Old 09-01-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
For sure. My wife loves to organize dance parties for the frum women in our community. I can only imagine (but I wonít) what those are like.

Cheers to the wife!

Old 09-01-2019, 11:06 AM

108 posts, read 17,428 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAoM...&feature=share
I know this is only a movie, but as Rachel said, I did have a hard time finding one with women dancing alone. I hope that this comes in; itís a little grainy.
The womens dancing part comes in around 3:45. I love the little boy standing on the chair clapping , before Reuben looks behind the sheet dividing the 2 sections.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:47 AM

4,030 posts, read 3,386,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin mouse View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAoM...&feature=share
I know this is only a movie, but as Rachel said, I did have a hard time finding one with women dancing alone. I hope that this comes in; itís a little grainy.
The womens dancing part comes in around 3:45. I love the little boy standing on the chair clapping , before Reuben looks behind the sheet dividing the 2 sections.
Not very appropriate to post a video of women dancing or singing in a Jewish forum.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:03 PM

I’m sorry, I didn’t know. I thought it being a movie, it’d be ok( not authentic).
Since I’m still learning, the mods gave permission to delete anything that I post that’s in bad taste.
It’ll help me learn too at the same time.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:14 PM

Meant, the Mods have permission to delete anything that I write. I know certain holidays and Shabbos is off limits , for any recordings. Even the Western Wall cam is off then, usually you just see the stone on top of the wall and the birds singing.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Not very appropriate to post a video of women dancing or singing in a Jewish forum.

Who says? There are Jews who have no problem with videos of women dancing or singing. This isn't a forum strictly for Orthodox Jews.

If it offends you, then don't look at it.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:21 PM

Pumpkin Mouse, here's a favorite musical/dance scene of mine from The Prince of Egypt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG0a9WFkgzU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or