U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 06:18 PM

882 posts, read 106,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
it's not about what a person can and can not do on a public forum.
the point is that you are showing a deliberate contempt and low regard for halacha, for Jewish law.

that is showing disrepect for Judaism.

you are saying Jewish law does not matter.
that is not behavior that reflects well on any Jew.

how much more so in a Jewish forum that has a focus on Judaism.

Don't put words in my mouth -- I never said such a thing.

Get it through your head: This is a public forum. It's not your shul. No one is forcing anyone to watch any singing or dancing videos here.

But YOU and your buddy TFF are telling other Jews what they can and cannot do on this public forum. You are not a moderator. The mods have spoken. Go argue with them, if you feel a need to argue.

Last edited by Rachel NewYork; 09-01-2019 at 06:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 06:52 PM

435 posts, read 132,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
So we still do this to this day during Kabbala Shabbos in Lecha Dodi. In todayís times, and no different than the 16th century, the women would not dance or sing in public as the Torah deems that not to be tznius behavior for a woman. But certainly they welcomed the Shabbos in beautiful and meaningful ways, nonetheless.
I always get disoriented near the end of Lecha Dodi.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
Just cool your jets there, TFF. You don't dictate forum policy here. Neither do I. But I'm telling you now that this is a public forum for ALL Jews -- even those who are not as observant as might suit you. If you don't like it, then you should take yourself somewhere else.
I thought that this was a Judaism forun, not a Jew forum, but maybe I read wrong.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben Shunamit View Post
I thought that this was a Judaism forun, not a Jew forum, but maybe I read wrong.

What is a "Jew forum"?

Old 09-01-2019, 07:13 PM

108 posts, read 17,428 times
I thought Orthodox or Haredi Jews don’t talk to married women , so why are they talking on here, or is that just in person? I know they sit on opposite sides of the synagogue and other places when out in public.
I don’t know all the beliefs yet between the movements because even Jews in the same movement have different ways of looking at things.
This was only a movie with actors in it, It wasn’t a real Jewish wedding, with real Jewish people, plus they probably had a few things wrong in the movie .
It would be wrong to put something real and private and sacred on for all to see.
A lot of movies have dancing scenes, like “ Fiddler on the Roof” .
He was even trying them to go against tradition.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
What is a "Jew forum"?
I don't know. exactly. Probably a forum about anything any Jew thinks or wants to comment on, like the price of tea in China. Regardless, I probably have some support for the concept that this is a Judaism forum.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:25 PM

13,318 posts, read 13,819,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin mouse View Post
I thought Orthodox or Haredi Jews don’t talk to married women , so why are they talking on here, or is that just in person? I know they sit on opposite sides of the synagogue and other places when out in public.
I don’t know all the beliefs yet between the movements because even Jews in the same movement have different ways of looking at things.
This was only a movie with actors in it, It wasn’t a real Jewish wedding, with real Jewish people, plus they probably had a few things wrong in the movie .
It would be wrong to put something real and private and sacred on for all to see.

the conversations and discussions in this forum are a way to learn about Jewish law.

for those who are participating and conversing.
and for the very many people who read these threads for many years to come.

so if you would like to learn more about Jewish law this is a place to learn something.
though not for the purpose of making halachic decisions, for that you would go through a rabbi

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 09-01-2019 at 07:50 PM..

Old 09-01-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin mouse View Post

You didn't do anything wrong on this forum, Pumpkin. You have nothing to explain or be embarrassed about. I'm glad you're still here.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:56 PM

28,242 posts, read 15,299,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
There are no Jewish sources that say itís appropriate for women to dance and sing in public. Not a single one.

To post that kind of anti-Torah behavior in a Jewish forum and defend it by saying some Jews who donít follow Torah donít find it offensive, thatís no defense. Those are forbidden images by all Jewish accounts.
https://www.chabad.org/library/artic...ale-singer.htm

Old 09-01-2019, 08:12 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,386,182 times
For the last decade, this forumís regular members generally refrained from posting things antithetical to Torah. And now we have Jews in this forum taunting its more religious members with videos that are entirely halachically forbidden. Itís the equivalent of you waving a ham and cheese sandwich in my face, and as usual, complaining to the Mods when I/we defend ourselves against your horrific and skilled attacks. You accuse me of having a trigger? Yes, I do have one. When I see Jews attack Torah values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or