U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 03:21 PM

1,662 posts, read 3,908,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeStater View Post
I will no longer read or respond to any comment from the user "kcmo". I have officially put him on my ignore list.

This user acts like he is the only person who cares about Kansas City. He acts like he is superior to most Kansas Citians; like only he has the answers. It is a tired, worn out act and I will no longer be a part of it. He doesn't even live in Kansas City anymore.
The problem though is that if his posts are left unchallenged, other users of the forum can be misled. It's good to have others here to balance out the perspective. So please keep posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
Kcmo is right about joco fighting among itself for companies. Lenexa, and olathe have been stealing some of the op companies because there incentives have been better.
Yes, it does happen. And yeah, it seems a little silly. But you don't hear the continual whining and crying about it like you do when they jump from MO to KS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 04:14 PM

10,705 posts, read 18,493,517 times
Quote:
I will no longer read or respond to any comment from the user "kcmo". I have officially put him on my ignore list.

This user acts like he is the only person who cares about Kansas City. He acts like he is superior to most Kansas Citians; like only he has the answers. It is a tired, worn out act and I will no longer be a part of it. He doesn't even live in Kansas City anymore.
Most people that truly do care about KC agree with most of what I have to say. The only people who don't tend to be those from johnson county that just see things from joco perspective rather than a kc perspective. If you can't see what's going on in KC compared to other towns and look for every reason to justify how the ks and mo side currently interact, then I don't see how you could truly be a kansas citian. You are simply a kansan.

I get pm and reps all the time from MO side residents saying thank you for speaking up. But no doubt will I rub a few kansans the wrong way in the process. Just like you Kansans all pat yourselves on the back all the time in these debates. So Iím not alone. Iím just one of the few people who care enough to be loud about it.

I stand up for what I think is the best interest of kc and I don't know how you can possibly say that the way joco interacts with kcmo is good for anybody other than joco and that's not how it is everywhere. It's just not.

Metropolitan Kansas City would be a much better city if the KS side interacted with the MO side with some level of respect and cooporation.

I know you will read this. If you really wanted to ignore me, you wouldn't have told me you were going to...

Old 09-11-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Most people that truly do care about KC agree with most of what I have to say.
What a ridiculous thing to say and believe.

Not surprising that you would though. How convenient! Anyone who disagrees with you just doesn't care about KC and isn't a "true Kansas Citian".

What a great way to continually congratulate yourself and deflect any dissension!

Quote:
I stand up for what I think is the best interest of kc
What you do is try to pass off your age-old grudges and continual whining as information. Unsuspecting readers deserve more than just your perspective.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:15 PM

1,145 posts, read 1,998,962 times
I think the things that will keep kcmo viable as a city are the major companies downtown, at crown center and on the plaza, as well as the location of the airport.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:32 PM

805 posts, read 1,742,527 times
Quote:

Aww, c'mon. Don't be that way.

Look, I'm about as pro-Kansas as you can get and have done battle with kcmo numerous times but I still read him and respect his opinions. The fact that people are opinionated is what makes them interesting. I enjoy reading the exchanges between you, Crown Vic, Samantha, luzianne and kcmo. I would hate to see that come to a halt. Hell, who would post anything? This place would be empty. Well, the trolls will still be here.

It's true kcmo doesn't physically live here, but in his heart, I think he still does.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:04 PM

10,705 posts, read 18,493,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
What you do is try to pass off your age-old grudges and continual whining as information. Unsuspecting readers deserve more than just your perspective.
Old age grudges? It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't STILL happening...

Old 09-12-2010, 08:50 PM

15,294 posts, read 7,148,141 times
Imagine kcmo and Samantha S at the same cocktail party...

Old 09-12-2010, 08:57 PM

20,168 posts, read 34,480,827 times
^
I think all you guys need to have a round table debate at a KC location.. HA HA!

Old 09-12-2010, 09:05 PM

1,145 posts, read 1,998,962 times
I was touring joco today and noticed that a lot of the companies with offices in joco are call center type jobs like tmobile,progressive,us bank,etc. These are the types of jobs that are suppose to be in suburbs. If anything joco is in a more vulnerable state then kcmo since most of those companies have no loyalty to this region. Even some of the companies hq in joco are in more vulnerable states,2 being sprint and yrc (stock is trading for pennies)
Umb,commerce,dst,je dunn, Hallmark and kc southern are all strong companies that will never leave kcmo.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Old age grudges? It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't STILL happening...
Yeah ... 3 decades now ... the turtle is still winning, the rabbit is still whining.

KC still hasn't pulled its head out ... and you are still mad at JoCo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Imagine kcmo and Samantha S at the same cocktail party...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
^
I think all you guys need to have a round table debate at a KC location.. HA HA!
Isn't that what we're doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
I was touring joco today and noticed that a lot of the companies with offices in joco are call center type jobs like tmobile,progressive,us bank,etc. These are the types of jobs that are suppose to be in suburbs. If anything joco is in a more vulnerable state then kcmo since most of those companies have no loyalty to this region. Even some of the companies hq in joco are in more vulnerable states,2 being sprint and yrc (stock is trading for pennies)
Umb,commerce,dst,je dunn, Hallmark and kc southern are all strong companies that will never leave kcmo.
Can't argue much with that. But it sure doesn't stop folks like you-know-who from blaming all of KC's woes on JoCo. Couldn't be lack of leadership and inept/corrupt government ... elected by the citizens themselves ... nooooo ... it must be those guys over there! Don't believe me? Well, then you're just not a true Kansas Citian like me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City