U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-24-2010, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 1,411 times
Default From Europe to KC ?

Hi all.. Im thinking about moving from Europe to KC. So, tell me.. Is it easy to get a job in KC? Apartment? Anything you say will be helpfull, lol. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 06:48 PM

805 posts, read 1,148,616 times
Welcome to the USA. Hope you like it here.

Easy-to-find employment depends on the occupation you seek. You can have a job by sundown if you aren't picky about the type of work or how much it pays. The problem with many jobs is that the pay is not sufficient to cover the expense of housing, food, clothing, etc.........you might have to have a roommate to share expenses. But, overall, KC is one of the more affordable big cities in the USA.

Same for the apartment; plenty available.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:50 PM

14,965 posts, read 19,682,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandinavianGirl View Post
Hi all.. Im thinking about moving from Europe to KC. So, tell me.. Is it easy to get a job in KC? Apartment? Anything you say will be helpfull, lol. Thanks guys.
I would look at the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. The culture shares quite a few similarities with Scandinavia- a lot of people have Norwegian and Sweedish ancestry. Also, the economy there is fairly decent with one of the lowest unemployment rates in the Midwest.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:12 PM

400 posts, read 500,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I would look at the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. The culture shares quite a few similarities with Scandinavia- a lot of people have Norwegian and Sweedish ancestry. Also, the economy there is fairly decent with one of the lowest unemployment rates in the Midwest.
Don't listen to him. What is your problem, dude? The person wants to know about KC. Your first reaction is to tell them, no, move to Minneapolis?? This is the KC forum.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:59 AM

7,218 posts, read 8,420,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandinavianGirl View Post
More information needed! You need to elaborate on what you want, need and why you are looking to move to KC, what type of work you do, your age, do you want urban or suburban, will you have a car etc.

KC is a large metro with over 2 million people and housing and lifestyle options spread all across the spectrum.

So if you can provide more info, I'm sure you would get more feedback.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:43 AM

859 posts, read 1,084,176 times
Where are you moving from out of curisoity? The job depends on your field, what you are looking to do. Getting an apartment should be very easy.

Also where are you moving from in Europe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City