Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 04:41 PM

4 posts, read 15,746 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm from Switzerland and I'm looking for a nice place to live in Kansas City.

My husband is a military and we are going to live in Kansas City for one year (we are coming in decembre 2010).
We have 2 children of 7 and 9. We are looking for a nice quality house to rent in a very good neighborhood between Kansas City and Fort Leavenworth... and we need some help! :-)
We don't know which neighborhood/city to choose, and where to ask for a furnished house.
Ideally it will not be a too small city, and will have a beautiful landscape (green, trees...) and also hospitable neighbors.

My husband will be quite busy with his army "course" and I would like to live in a friendly area where I can meet people and make some voluntary work and different activities with the children.

My english isn't perfect as you can read... (otherwise I speak french and greek too) I hope you'll understand this message!

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Sophie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 07:23 AM

1,662 posts, read 4,475,473 times
One place to try might be the West Shawnee, KS area. The area surrounding Clear Creek Elementary or Riverview Elementary (and a couple of other grade schools I can't think of at the moment) in the DeSoto district might be what you are looking for.

Excellent grade schools, friendly people (although Westside Family Church (Protestant Christian) dominates that area. Most people are not pushy about religion, but you will notice it.)

There are a few nice newer 2-3 plexes along Woodland and 50th or so and a decent apartment complex at Woodland and Johnson drive. There are also several nice family homes in the area that you could probably rent for a year, although they might be a little tough to find and I don't know if they would be furnished.

Drive to Leavenworth would be about 20-25 minutes with not too bad of traffic. You would be 20-30 minutes West of city amenities, but living in a family friendly suburban area.

Others may suggest similar areas, but in any event, you will likely have to enlist the help of someone in the area to find a furnished house to rent. You might have a little luck online, but have someone check it out in person before committing or check back here if you have a specific neighborhood in question.

Best of Luck to you!! And Welcome!!

Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,693,095 times
Finding a furnished home may be a challenge and probably won't be cheap. You will probably have to go through a management company.

I think OZ Accommodations has furnished homes for rent although I think they are only on the Kansas side.

Oz Rentals and Property Management - single family homes, townhomes, condos, apartments rent and lease PM Website by HomeRentals.net

I would just look into areas of western Lenexa and Shawnee in Kansas or Platte County in MO, both should have something that will work in nice areas.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:42 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,693,095 times
Well, I just searched that site, it's pretty worthless. I thought they were bigger than that.

After looking around a bit, it looks like most furnished placed are going to be apartments.

Click on North KC and Lenexa

http://www.equitycorporatehousing.co...h.asp?GeoID=65

Old 08-31-2010, 04:03 PM

4 posts, read 15,746 times
Thank you all for your help!
Can someone describe how is Parkville???
Is it a nice area?

Old 09-01-2010, 01:45 PM

1,662 posts, read 4,475,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie swiss View Post
Thank you all for your help!
Can someone describe how is Parkville???
Is it a nice area?
Yes, a nice suburb on the MO side. Has a charming "small town" feel to it, but is big enough and close enough to the city to have all the amenities. For what you are seeking, I think it would be a good choice too. Definitely worth checking out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City