U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 01:15 PM

1,145 posts, read 1,089,951 times
Someone once told me that Busby and Lezak are both homosexuals. I once saw Busby in Blue Springs at a Quiznos in these purple short shorts, it was the funniest thing i ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 01:27 PM

12,062 posts, read 18,449,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
Someone once told me that Busby and Lezak are both homosexuals. I once saw Busby in Blue Springs at a Quiznos in these purple short shorts, it was the funniest thing i ever seen.
Lezak is, at a bare minimum, bisexual then, as a female coworker met him once at a bar (probably about a decade ago) and he was a real creeper.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:30 PM

Lezak always mentions and raves about Lady Gaga when he does the weather on 810am sports radio, he would play Bad Romance non stop for a month straight

Old 11-19-2010, 02:18 PM

He is such a weird, bald dude. Though the SO tells me he was just as weird when he still had hair ... :P

Old 11-24-2010, 07:39 PM

599 posts, read 599,477 times
Back on original topic, the cost of maintaining the light bulbs was too high, so KCTV discontinued in favor of the required red blinkers/aviation lights. The "tower light" weather forecast occurred in the 1990s and early 2000s. KCTV changed the display to red, white and blue lights after Sept. 11, 2001.

Speaking of the tower, winter is almost upon us. Don't drive near the tower, and our (FOX 4) tower when the ice bombs fall from the sky!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:58 PM

805 posts, read 1,186,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
I haven't seen that tower lit for almost a year now. I always thought it was a treat seeing it from all over the metro, I remember being able to see it from liberty and lees summit.
My father delivered fuel to farmers. When I was a wee yonker, I guess they couldn't afford a babysitter so I used to ride with him constantly in that truck. I can remember a very cold, clear winter day, delivering fuel to a farm that sits on high ground on K68 highway just inside the Kansas border and being able to see not only the tower, but the downtown buildings as well.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:23 PM

2,960 posts, read 2,745,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I think all the local yokels are all just heinous, so I stay away from them as much as possible. If I had to watch one it would probably be NBC because the anchors I find to be generally less annoying than the other networks, though "Action News" is one of the stupidest names I've ever heard.
I'm glad I begasn watching localnews when we moved here. I never watched it when we lived in Chicago, but then, I had lived there all my life and pretty much knew what I needed to know. It's been interesting watching local news here, and I stick to the NBC station because the anchors have some class (but I can't stomach Lezak). I kind of think it's important to know that there were hundreds of water main breaks in KC over the summer. There were sinkholes all over the place, too. And backed up sewers flooding peoples' homes and the city saying it's the homeowners' problem. Local news paints a picture of a city with a very bad and crumbling infrasctructure, and sometimes I wonder why this isn't getting more people mad as hell.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:12 PM

^Funkhouser tried to make people care about this and was instead painted as anti-business.

We have thankfully ::fingers crossed:: not experienced any of these major sewage problems as many others in the city have, but the sidewalks on my street are stamped 1977! I still believe that Kansas City needs to work harder to make the city livable for its residents, not provide millions in tax breaks to another hotel.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:47 PM

2,960 posts, read 2,745,297 times
The sewer problems alone would make me think twice before buying a home in KCMO. A friend who lives near the Waldo area lost everything in her basement due to a backed up sewer in our last rain a couple weeks ago -- which was barely 1/3" of rain. She had Neil Harris Foundation people come out and inspect their lines -- all clean. The city came out and said there were "some leaves" in the sewers, which is what you'd expect this time of year. This is the third time my friend has had a sewer backup after a rainfall of less than one inch. The city always passes the buck. This is the kind of thing you are required to report in your disclosure statement when you sell a home, and it doesn't do wonders for the home's saleability or price. Why don't the people of KC get good and angry about this?

Old 11-29-2010, 02:00 PM

I believe the Combined Sewer-StormWater thing is being fixed, it was a terrible idea. Omaha has similar combined sewer as well.

Everytime i'm in Waldo at the Well or Tanners and it rained I can smell sewer, it's so nasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City