Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:20 PM

404 posts, read 595,908 times

Advertisements

Bannister mall was ghetto dunno bout Ward Parkway but I wouldn't be over there any time of day, specially night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 06:34 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
Pendergast lived on Ward Parkway. Total ghetto.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:16 AM

216 posts, read 623,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Ward Parkway's the ghetto, remember? I mean, Ward Parkway Mall is there.
Okay, so I think this is part of the ongoing KS MO thing and a joke, but I just have to check. Ward Parkway is a safe spot, right? I know it is a lovely artery, but are there problems lurking there I should know about?

I ask because my son plans to ride his bike in that area daily after we move on a regular route, and I just want to be sure. Sorry to be really dense, but sometimes it is hard to tell.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:46 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,464,676 times
Ward Parkway, the whole parkway, is perfectly fine, it's one of the nicest streets in all of kc. Another nice bike ride would be brookside Blvd, it starts at like 49th and goes all the way to brookside.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:20 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
Ward Parkway, the whole parkway, is perfectly fine, it's one of the nicest streets in all of kc. Another nice bike ride would be brookside Blvd, it starts at like 49th and goes all the way to brookside.
But what about the black people that go to the movies there? And the buses? There are buses you know. And with buses come bus stops and you know who are are bus stops right?

On a more serious note,

Speaking of buses, black people and ghetto streets...

Any thoughts on the Troost MAX bus line? Think it will help the Troost Corridor?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:50 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Right. I would avoid it. But if you happen to end up there, chances are you will not be shot or stabbed. But why take a chance?

You wouldn't live on Ward Parkway, haha.
Ward Parkway is a whole lot different than 39th and Prospect. I prefer to live in Kansas, but if I were inclined to live in Missouri, Ward Parkway would be fine - if I could afford it, but I probably couldn't. But if I get to pick, I want that big house on the southwest corner of - OOOOOOOHHHHH, I don't know what street it is, but when you go south on Ward Parkway leaving the Plaza, it's the first light after you go up the hill away from the Plaza. It's a huge house (I think yellow, maybe stucco or something but not sure). It has a huge yard, black fencing around it if I remember right, a great big sundeck on the south side. I am just in love with that house, even if it IS in Missouri. I think when George W. Bush was in town they had a fundraiser dinner at the house across the street or somewhere near there. I stare at that house every time I drive by.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:17 PM

216 posts, read 623,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Ward Parkway is a whole lot different than 39th and Prospect. I prefer to live in Kansas, but if I were inclined to live in Missouri, Ward Parkway would be fine - if I could afford it, but I probably couldn't. But if I get to pick, I want that big house on the southwest corner of - OOOOOOOHHHHH, I don't know what street it is, but when you go south on Ward Parkway leaving the Plaza, it's the first light after you go up the hill away from the Plaza. It's a huge house (I think yellow, maybe stucco or something but not sure). It has a huge yard, black fencing around it if I remember right, a great big sundeck on the south side. I am just in love with that house, even if it IS in Missouri. I think when George W. Bush was in town they had a fundraiser dinner at the house across the street or somewhere near there. I stare at that house every time I drive by.

Wow, maybe I don't want my son riding his bike there. It sounds kind of shady.

Seriously, thanks for the input and reassurance. I thought it was a safe spot, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something. I'm not paranoid, as a rule, but I am sort of planning life sight unseen here, and I panic sometimes.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:01 PM

I would be much more worried about your son being run over by all the Johnson County commuters that plow through Brookside via Ward Pkwy, Wornall, etc during rush our on their cell phones .

Keep on the Trolley Track Trail or ride any of the side streets that run between the big arterials and it's fine. I used to commute to the plaza from waldo via bike and the gridded streets are the only thing that make riding in KC possible.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:05 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,464,676 times
Are there no sidewalks on Ward Parkway? I usually see kids walking/biking on ward parkway from like 75th to about the roundabout

Old 12-07-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
Are there no sidewalks on Ward Parkway? I usually see kids walking/biking on ward parkway from like 75th to about the roundabout
Nope. None at all. It's part of the generally useless parks and boulevards of KC. Grass medians, Massive open areas of grass they call parks etc. Very little is actually used in a recreational way.

But it is easy to just ride the side streets. They all go the same place. That's one thing I hated about the burbs. You have to ride the big streets which is no fun. Side streets in the suburbs take you nowhere but in circles and dead ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City