Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 157,819 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move into an apartment by June of this year. I have lived with roomates for the past couple of years and it has never worked out.. I am talking half the time they never pay their half and I am stuck paying just to have a roof over my head, items stolen, food eaten, etc. I really need a place of my own but I am finding it difficult to find a place that will accept bad credit and an eviction. I found a couple places that would, like Vivion Oaks, but they require two months rent plus deposit which I cannot afford at this time so I would like to see if I have other options. If anyone knows, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 09:12 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,617,107 times
I would think a mom-and-pop landlord is probably more willing to work with you, so check out Craiglist instead of focusing on the big complexes with hardcore rules.

Also be prepared to offer good landlord references (if you have any) as well as a larger security deposit.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:32 AM

I have been looking at Craiglist, for even owners renting out properties, and I either have to rent-to-own a home to be accepted or I get turned down for apartments. And how can I tell which ones are the mom-and-pop properties?

For the past two years, I have roomed with a gentleman in a house but I wasen't on the lease so I am unsure if that is considered a reference? And my current living situation, the previous roomate bailed out on her lease and I moved in. I alerted the landlord and even filled out paperwork, but they couldn't put me on the lease until they contacted her to break it. I don't mind paying a larger deposit, but theirs only so much I can afford.

But like I say, if anyone knows anyone in particular that I could look into, would be a great help.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:36 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,880,874 times
I took a tenant in my KC home that had a prior eviction. I asked for 4 months advance rent and four months deposit and got it. Otherwise, no way. Too much of a risk.

He is a dream tenant and I hope he never leaves (till I'm ready to sell). So it has worked out well.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 AM

I understand that it is a risk, and its hard to try and start over after an eviction, especially since most offers I do get I have to give 2-4grand up front. I only make at most 1,400 a month and it all goes to my current rent and other bills, so saving for that is impossible for me. I am even selling items to try and at least get first months rent, but at most that would be 600-800. I would hate to do the roomate route again, considering that is the reason I got an eviction in the first place, I just don't want to rely on that anymore if possible. I spend more money covering roomates who have the lease in their name, just to have a roof over my head. I would save so much more on my own.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:16 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,052 times
I would think that in the current climate where lots of people hit bad spots, places would be more forgiving. You are probably better off looking at an individual renting than a complex or management company.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 45,615 times
I have a eviction and I have section 8 will someone rent to me

Old 05-01-2013, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 41,416 times
i am looking for a 1 OR 2 BEDROOM apartment to rent in spokane washington for my section 8 and i have an evection nd my background has 2 things pending right now so how do i rent a apartment knowing that landlords look for thoughs kinda things???

Old 09-15-2015, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 21,179 times
I'm lookn for a 3 bed room trying to help my cousin get her kids bacc... All we need is a home apt or house... The ppl said they will help us with rent and deposit. If anyone can help plz get bacc to me email [email]dominiquee5360@gmail.com[/email] Plz and thank u

Old 01-16-2017, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 15,119 times
Hello do anyone know any apartments that will rent to someone that has a past eviction from over 7 years ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City