U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:27 PM

3,116 posts, read 3,024,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMonk View Post
I don't disagree with you on the hyping of "events." However on high heat index days it is important to remind people to stay indoors, hydrated or tell them where they can find shelter.

Heat kills more people than all the natural disasters combined.

Speaking of that, this is the time of year when the Bishop Sullivan Center begins its Project Eldercool program that supplies air conditioners for the elderly poor of Kansas City. If it's possible to donate $100, their partner (last year it was AB May) matches that and donates a window unit to one person who qualifies for the program. It saves lives and is our favorite charity. If I've noticed one thing about the people around KC, it's their charitable natures. Bishop Sullivan Center is a great organization.
Bishop Sullivan Center providing food and resources for area residents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Status: "Friends come and go. enemies accumalate" (set 2 days ago)

7,142 posts, read 5,010,615 times
Move along folks the show is over. lol

Old 06-05-2011, 05:17 AM

123 posts, read 135,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
OMG ARE YOU KIDDING? Gary Lezak is the polar opposite of Tom Skilling! Skilling is a no-drama guy, mild mannered, no hype. Lezak is Mr. Drama, arms waving all over the place, emphasis on the words STORM and THREAT. And Lezak isn't nearly as accurate as he says he is.
Agree. I don't have a dog in this fight as I don't live in KC anymore, but, as a weather nut, I appreciated Katie Horner more than Gary Lezak. Lezak was wrong by a longshot on most of his winter storm forecasts when I lived there.

Carpe

Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 AM

12,062 posts, read 19,019,734 times
She's officially been replaced: KCTV5 names new chief meteorologist - KCTV 5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City