Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 12:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykamom View Post
How about this? (not to drag things off topic.) Is Lawrence (I hope I have that right!) a worthwhile place to visit on a weekend? I would love to assemble some ideas for little road trips to get to know the lay of the land outside the metro area, and this seems like it might be a good place to start.
Absolutely. I highly recommend Lawrence for day trips.

Maybe you could start another thread for easy daytrips form the KC metro area. I'm certain you would receive some good feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 12:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Definitely.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:11 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,043,113 times
Kansas City seems a little more college sports-crazy than other places I've lived, but it certainly won't exclude you from social activities. Graduates of the smaller colleges in the area, like Emporia State, Baker, Northwest Missouri State, Central Missouri, Park, etc., usually choose an allegiance as well. Where I work, they tend to be the more intense fans while KU (me) and MU grads are more cynical about their schools' sports teams.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:51 PM

216 posts, read 622,919 times
There's a joke you don't schedule a wedding in Oklahoma in the fall but I think there's more truth to that than they'd like to admit.

Yes, I agree with you that that probably is not a joke at all. In my experience the people from there were very committed to their football. (To put it gently. ) And I can't imagine anyone from either school getting married the weekend of that OU Texas game. That is the craziest we ever saw things in Dallas.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:07 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioSilence View Post
Kansas City seems a little more college sports-crazy than other places I've lived, but it certainly won't exclude you from social activities. Graduates of the smaller colleges in the area, like Emporia State, Baker, Northwest Missouri State, Central Missouri, Park, etc., usually choose an allegiance as well. Where I work, they tend to be the more intense fans while KU (me) and MU grads are more cynical about their schools' sports teams.
So foreign to me...as a graduate of a smaller school with decidedly non-powerhouse athletics, and therefore a relatively small percentage of die-hard collegiate sports fanatics, we did NOT just adopt some other school's teams as "our" team. I can't pretend I get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City