Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 10:03 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times

Advertisements

Kevin was one hell of a KC promoter and one hell of a person. This is a sad day for KC in my opinion. Rest in peace Kevin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 10:28 AM

1,830 posts, read 3,804,424 times
Who is he? Never heard of him.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:44 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokc View Post
Who is he? Never heard of him.
Oh, sorry, here is a link.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/06/15/2951910/kc-sports-commission-president.html (broken link)

He was the head of the sports commission. I personally think he is THE guy that made the Sprint Center happen and brought back one of KC's most cherished events (the big 12 tourney).

I remember talking to him when the city was trying to decide the fate of Kemper and he was all gung ho about doing something like what Nashville did. He had a big photo of the new Nashville arena in his office and was so passionate about KC doing something grand with downtown.

He was instrumental in bringing sports events to KC.

He tried to support a downtown ballpark, but when he learned the residents and owner were not behind that idea, he put all his efforts into the sports complex. We would argue about that, but in the end, I think he did what was really KC's only choice.

But it wasn't just about sports. The guy was just a KCMO guy that just happened to actually be in a position to apply his passion. He loved KC.

He was very active in the Red Bridge community and with youth athletics. He would always reply to an email or phone call to anybody that wanted to talk to him and would stop and talk to anybody on the streets especially when the topic was talking up KC and imagining what could be done to make the city better.

There are just so few people like Kevin in KC. People that truly go out of their way to be just amazing KC ambassadors. While most kc people rip on KCMO, Kevin, would turn you into a believer of KCMO just by speaking with him.

He was just a great guy with a lot of community spirit and very good family man. This really is sad for KC.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:49 AM

495 posts, read 777,871 times
Sad to hear. RIP Kevin

Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
I haven't lived here long enough to know the man by name, but he sounds like he was a great fighter for a city who hasn't always had enough. Whether I knew him or not, I am certain his presence will be missed.

Thanks for sharing kcmo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: