Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,096 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to KC. I want to live in the suburbs, but no more than 45 minutes from the city, and want the suburb to be metropolitan area too. I want an area that is good for family, we have a 9 (boy), 6, 3, 3 (girls). I am also a college student, so I want to transfer to an university, what universities are in the area. My partner needs an area where she can cut hair, she is an licensed barber. I do want a fairly descent price to rent a 4 bedroom home for now also. Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 10:02 AM

210 posts, read 428,319 times
You'll probably have to be more specific as to what you can afford, what kind of neighborhood you are looking for. There are lots of good suburbs in the area, from the west and south (Johnson County) to the north (Northland) to the east (Lee's Summit).

You'll also have to be more specific as to what kind of university and program you are looking for. There are two major four year universities in the area - University of Kansas is in Lawrence, about 30 minutes west of KC. They also have a branch campus in suburban KC. There is also the University of Missouri-Kansas City located just south of the Plaza area in the heart of Kansas City. Both are good schools.

The two best small schools are probably Park University in Parkville, just outside Kansas City, and William Jewell in Liberty, just outside Kansas City.

Other good four year schools - Mid American Nazarene University, Avila College, Rockhurst University. There are also a number of branch campuses for schools like Webster College, University of Phoenix, and Central Michigan University. KC also has three good community colleges - the Metropolitan Community College (Longview, Penn Valley, etc.), Johnson County Community College and Kansas City Kansas Community College.

You can find hair-cutting jobs pretty much anywhere.

So if you want more guidance, please provide more info as to what you're looking for. And welcome to KC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City