Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 10:13 AM

210 posts, read 428,319 times

Advertisements

People think Johnson County is perfect, but it is far from so. Post your best Johnson County problems.

1. Our Homeowner's association only allows three different shades of beige.

2. The Whole Foods near us only carries two different brands of kumquat and only ONE is organic.

3. Our high school only offers basic Latin, not intermediate. WTF?

4. There is only one dog groomer within TWO MILES of my home. Ugh.

5. The Starbucks down the street has sporadic wi-fi service AT BEST.

What other problems do you find in Johnson County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 11:16 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
Are you being facetious? These are issues with individual organizations, not with the county specifically.

You really consider only having one dog groomer within 2 miles of your home an issue? I dont think I have a single dog groomer within 2 miles of my home.

All Home Owners have messed up rules. That is why I refuse to live in a neighborhood that has an HOA. That is likely volunteering to live somewhere where you lose your rights.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:17 AM

1,830 posts, read 3,804,424 times
Ugh OP. You're just fueling the fire with flame bait.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:21 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
Yeah, I hope this is a joke.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:27 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
Looks like a mass email that people just name the area they think might fit.

So basically, taking this and using it for joco sort of proves my point. I have never thought of joco as being some "rich" Beverly Hills type area outside a few exclusive residential neighborhoods and joco doesn’t even have any really nice commercial areas (fancy strip malls on 135th are not what I’m talking about). To me it's always just been average suburbia with an excessive amount of grass everywhere.

But people in JoCo often think it's the wealthiest county in the northern hemisphere and god’s gift to the world and the only reason people don't like it is because they are jealous of such wealth and quality of life.

I mean seriously, they have to purchase their companies from a city next door they are so desirable!

There is some lighter fluid for the fire you started >

Old 09-20-2011, 11:53 AM

Lighten up people.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:09 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
I laughed if that makes you feel better, Pete. This KC forum has become one big wet noodle lately.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:18 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPete View Post
People think Johnson County is perfect, but it is far from so. Post your best Johnson County problems.

1. Our Homeowner's association only allows three different shades of beige.

2. The Whole Foods near us only carries two different brands of kumquat and only ONE is organic.

3. Our high school only offers basic Latin, not intermediate. WTF?

4. There is only one dog groomer within TWO MILES of my home. Ugh.

5. The Starbucks down the street has sporadic wi-fi service AT BEST.

What other problems do you find in Johnson County?
I know, right?!

Old 09-20-2011, 12:29 PM

Hello, but a venti double ristretto half-soy nonfat decaf organic iced vanilla double-shot frappucina extra hot with foam double blended is not all that difficult to make, and yet you mess it up every time Starbucks!

Old 09-20-2011, 01:31 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Looks like a mass email that people just name the area they think might fit.

So basically, taking this and using it for joco sort of proves my point. I have never thought of joco as being some "rich" Beverly Hills type area outside a few exclusive residential neighborhoods and joco doesn’t even have any really nice commercial areas (fancy strip malls on 135th are not what I’m talking about). To me it's always just been average suburbia with an excessive amount of grass everywhere.

But people in JoCo often think it's the wealthiest county in the northern hemisphere and god’s gift to the world and the only reason people don't like it is because they are jealous of such wealth and quality of life.

I mean seriously, they have to purchase their companies from a city next door they are so desirable!

There is some lighter fluid for the fire you started >
Lol! You're spot on here! I grew up there (70s and 80s) and I know a lot of things have changed, especially demographics. There was a lot of racism when I lived there. My high school was probably 99% white, so I never interacted with anyone other than white people. But I do remember my next door neighbor screaming at a young black girl walking by to get out of the neighborhood before "my property value goes down". People would call the police if a car with MO plates (or WYCo plates) being driven by a black person drove by their house twice. Absolutely sickening to think of that now. And all my friends used to make fun of black people. I still get the feeling from the few friends I grew up with who still live there that they're racist.

It still seems like such a "blah" place to me. Nothing really unique about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City