U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2011, 04:58 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,030 times
Reputation: 10
Hi - I am looking to take a job transfer to KC from just outside of St. Paul MN. I currently live in a very rural area , have a large 3 acre yard surrounded by fields and woods. Very small town - very little crime, yet only a 45 minute drive to downtown Minneapolis. I will be working very close to the Argosy Casino if I take the transfer. I was wondering if there are towns within commutable ( 30 minutes) that would be similar to my current living conditions . thanks any information would be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2011, 05:29 PM
 
Location: IN
20,168 posts, read 34,480,827 times
Reputation: 12507
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyceville1 View Post
Hi - I am looking to take a job transfer to KC from just outside of St. Paul MN. I currently live in a very rural area , have a large 3 acre yard surrounded by fields and woods. Very small town - very little crime, yet only a 45 minute drive to downtown Minneapolis. I will be working very close to the Argosy Casino if I take the transfer. I was wondering if there are towns within commutable ( 30 minutes) that would be similar to my current living conditions . thanks any information would be helpful
Plattsburg, Kearney, Holt or Polo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2011, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
35 posts, read 61,819 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Plattsburg, Kearney, Holt or Polo.
Yep... When I read the title I was going to suggest somewhere to the south (Drexel, Adrian, etc.) but you are north of the river. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 09:12 AM
 
1,830 posts, read 3,109,783 times
Reputation: 532
You might like Smithville Lake area. Lots of outdoor activities, trails and major horse culture. Also closer to airport than downtown is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Middle America
35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
Reputation: 48613
Loads of options that would fit the bill...many of those suggested above, Excelsior Springs, etc. As a rurally raised person, one thing I love about KC is that you don't have to drive very far at all in any direction before you're sufficiently in "the country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
 
Location: IN
20,168 posts, read 34,480,827 times
Reputation: 12507
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokc View Post
You might like Smithville Lake area. Lots of outdoor activities, trails and major horse culture. Also closer to airport than downtown is.
That area is closer to the suburban fringe with faster population growth, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 12:03 PM
 
Location: IN
20,168 posts, read 34,480,827 times
Reputation: 12507
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Loads of options that would fit the bill...many of those suggested above, Excelsior Springs, etc. As a rurally raised person, one thing I love about KC is that you don't have to drive very far at all in any direction before you're sufficiently in "the country."
Not most of Johnson County, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2011, 12:08 PM
 
10,157 posts, read 9,905,560 times
Reputation: 3914
Try right on the edge of the city limit for Liberty, MO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2011, 06:02 PM
 
8,792 posts, read 9,620,365 times
Reputation: 6682
There is some rural type property probably out in western Wyandotte Co. near the County Lake along Walcott Drive. you would practically be on River road that would be under 30 minutes. Walcott is a township in Wyandotte County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2015, 08:09 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,085 times
Reputation: 10
Rural but close to Argosy:

Clay County: Smithville, Liberty, Kearney, Plattsburg, Lathrop
Platte County: Parkville, Waldron, Farley, Platte City, Weston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top