U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-04-2011, 09:37 PM

7,218 posts, read 8,416,305 times
Default Downtown Kansas City Photo thread (no skyline postcard stuff!)

I just wanted to throw together some random photos of Downtown Kansas City. I typically post skyline photos, aerials etc, so this is a little different. Just random shots of what downtown KC looks likes from close up.

I will post more if there is interest. Enjoy!

Last edited by kcmo; 11-04-2011 at 09:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 10:59 PM

12 posts, read 16,234 times
Grid,

It's pictures like these that make me so happy about moving back to KC...and I live in Denver now!

Keep 'em coming.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:00 PM

12 posts, read 16,234 times
Ha! I just realized that you're kcmo here. I follow too many places that you go to also.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:03 AM

345 posts, read 370,961 times
Phenomenal pictures kcmo. You truly show the best of Kansas City. Those downtown pics make downtown look pretty lively and busy. Was that just a normal day or was there a convention or another event going downtown? Maybe its just been a long time since I took a day to see downtown.

If you take any requests, haha, do you think you can do some pictures of the plaza?

Old 11-05-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxontwinz View Post
Phenomenal pictures kcmo. You truly show the best of Kansas City. Those downtown pics make downtown look pretty lively and busy. Was that just a normal day or was there a convention or another event going downtown? Maybe its just been a long time since I took a day to see downtown.

If you take any requests, haha, do you think you can do some pictures of the plaza?
Thanks jaxontwinz,

Those pics were taken at all different times, many are "normal" days and many are at times when things are going on (first fridays, sprint center events etc). But generally, if you are downtown, you are there for a reason so it would be busy for whatever reason that is be it the P&L District or a show at the Kauffman Center.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:22 PM

400 posts, read 500,795 times
Is the Kansas City Southern car an exhibit or was this an excursion ride? Looks nice.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Earth View Post
Is the Kansas City Southern car an exhibit or was this an excursion ride? Looks nice.
It's the KC Southern corporate train. Not sure what they use it for, but they do offer excursions from kc.

The day I took this photo, I was invited to ride it to the KC Southern intermodal facility at richards gebaur for a ground breaking ceromony. It's a nice restored train.

On a side note,
The route it took to get there is the same route jackson county wants to use for a commuter rail line. It took forever to get down there and it's nothing but junk yards and industry the entire way and the route is just all over the place, not very straight. I can't imagine that working too well for any sort of transit.

The train to the left is the LA-Chicago train.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 PM

400 posts, read 500,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
It's the KC Southern corporate train. Not sure what they use it for, but they do offer excursions from kc.

The day I took this photo, I was invited to ride it to the KC Southern intermodal facility at richards gebaur for a ground breaking ceromony. It's a nice restored train.
Interesting. It is a very sleek-looking train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City