Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:36 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Just pretend like you just landed in Topeka and it should feel about right. .
I was thinking that in a small way, I'll miss the old terminals if they build a new one. Just because that was the first airport I ever went to, and the first airport I ever flew out of. As a kid, I was always excited on the rare occasions when I got to go to the airport to pick someone up. I never flew until I was 17 years old, but remember that flight to Dallas vividly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 03:01 PM

345 posts, read 833,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'll be on Frontier. I hear they're in a "dead" terminal?
First off, thanks for flying Frontier, help support the hubs of a struggling airline.

Second, Terminal C is very dead outside of the gate area, which is where restaurants (if there was one) would be. Inside the gate area it is very crowded and you can get crammed.

Since Frontier is one of two airlines in Terminal C, they really should redo it and expand and add some restaurants inside their area, since they can expand the walls.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxontwinz View Post
First off, thanks for flying Frontier, help support the hubs of a struggling airline.

Second, Terminal C is very dead outside of the gate area, which is where restaurants (if there was one) would be. Inside the gate area it is very crowded and you can get crammed.

Since Frontier is one of two airlines in Terminal C, they really should redo it and expand and add some restaurants inside their area, since they can expand the walls.
I've had air miles with Frontier for several years because they were a hometown airline, had TV for each seat, great service, and you can fly them non-stop to anywhere in the U.S. from Denver. So I always look to Frontier first when I fly. With tax, my flight this Friday to KC was only $132.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:06 AM

OK, you can officially put me down on the "Hates KCI" list. Flying out on Frontier yesterday, I was at the airport early in terminal C and hungry. All I saw was two different bar type restaurants with not so healthy, typical bar food. So I went through security and sat around for a while. Finally I went to the little vendor in there and picked up a simple turkey sandwich and a bottle of water. There were no prices listed for anything. But for the crappy sandwich and water, it cost over $11! They even had beer for sale, but I'm guessing they wanted $10 for a beer. Outrageous prices, cramped area where people kept bumping into one another. This airport needs to be bulldozed!

Old 12-12-2011, 09:11 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
cramped area where people kept bumping into one another.
While tumble weeds are blowing down the rest of the terminal. KCI is a joke. It really is. As you can tell, I HATE KCI with a passion. Worst freaking airport terminal ever. I would rather deal with messes in Atlanta or JFK or nothing airports like Joplin than KCI. KCI is like Joplin or Topeka (although those might have more services) with manufactured crowded gates.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:59 PM

639 posts, read 766,815 times
KCI has over a million square feet, how much of that is useable or used? Not much is my guess. It is a joke and a terrible first time impression for people. Reopening the old municipal airport would be a better airport to use than KCI. I for one, never spend a dime at KCI, at the gift shops or restaurants. But I'll spend an easy $20 bucks or more at the airports I transfer through.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:22 PM

229 posts, read 206,876 times
I dont see any significant changes happening anytime soon. The Airport started out way to big and depended way to much on 1 airline. It will take decades for KCI to reach anywhere near those levels again. I can see Southwest adding a couple destinations here and there though. Best option is to throw out the current terminal layout and shrink. A bigger version of Omaha's Eppley with 1 large terminal instead 2 would do just fine in KC.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:24 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
While tumble weeds are blowing down the rest of the terminal. KCI is a joke. It really is. As you can tell, I HATE KCI with a passion. Worst freaking airport terminal ever. I would rather deal with messes in Atlanta or JFK or nothing airports like Joplin than KCI. KCI is like Joplin or Topeka (although those might have more services) with manufactured crowded gates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
KCI has over a million square feet, how much of that is useable or used? Not much is my guess. It is a joke and a terrible first time impression for people. Reopening the old municipal airport would be a better airport to use than KCI. I for one, never spend a dime at KCI, at the gift shops or restaurants. But I'll spend an easy $20 bucks or more at the airports I transfer through.
Is it just me?

Or does anyone else hear an echo in here?

kcmo....lovekcmo....pure coincidence, I'm sure

Old 12-13-2011, 04:34 PM

1,970 posts, read 2,236,076 times
It might be simpler to have Johnson County build out its New Century airport in Gardner into a true passenger terminal. It would take the recurring problem of managing MCI off of the city's hands, and the new location would align with the growth of the area, toward the south and west.

I'd also bet that JoCo would do a large bond issue for a new regional airport without batting an eye because of the promise of future revenue.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:35 PM

1,970 posts, read 2,236,076 times
...and that area is still rural enough to avoid ruffling the NIMBYs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City