U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:42 AM

7 posts, read 8,448 times

Advertisements

I have noticed the property on Metcalf & Johnson, bordered by the Target Greatland and Panera Bread is currently under development. Does anyone know what is being planned for this space? It may be that the developer is simply grading the lot for sale, but it looks as if it is being developed. I continue to think a Whole Foods would thrive in the Mission area and given that it appears one will not be included in the development at Shawnee Mission & Johnson this could be an ideal spot for one. Any store that goes here is incredibly convenient given the access to I-35 and Shawnee Mission Parkway so I would think this to be a highly marketable property.

Anyone have a clue what is going in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 09:51 AM

1,830 posts, read 3,109,249 times
It's good to see JoCo get more infill development rather than sprawl development. JoCo is doing a much better job focusing on rehabbing the older parts of the county lately.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:21 PM

3,572 posts, read 6,195,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokc View Post
It's good to see JoCo get more infill development rather than sprawl development. JoCo is doing a much better job focusing on rehabbing the older parts of the county lately.

Absolutely. It's a shame the economy isn't booming. JoCo has some ambitious plans it would be nice to see become reality.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:12 AM

For anyone who is curious I actually found the answer myself:

It is being developed by the Lane4 Property Group and is known as Mission Crossing. It will feature restaurants, mixed commercial and a small urban park if developed as planned.

LANE4 Property Group

Old 12-09-2011, 03:02 PM

5,758 posts, read 9,485,099 times
I drive by this everyday and I was wondering myself. They tore down that old building and then there was not activity for a long time so I was wondering if maybe it was just condemned or something. I hope there is some good food. I want some more lunch options.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:49 PM

I live within walking / biking distance and work from home...I am hoping for one decent wifi enabled coffee shop. Panera is ok but their coffee sucks! I would love something local but will settle for a Starbucks if that is the only other option!

Old 12-12-2011, 04:58 PM

65 posts, read 85,133 times
Well, since Whole Foods closed its Wild Oats store in Mission several years ago, I doubt if they have plans to return to the area (they were across from the Mission Mall in a building that once housed a Safeway).

Old 12-12-2011, 05:54 PM

5,758 posts, read 9,485,099 times
It is kind of risky to open a retail development there when the new retail development at I-35 and Johnson Dr just 3 miles down the road is empty like 3 years later. A lot of developments are having a hard time getting leases locked down all over the country. I hope they have things lined up. Maybe that is why they are taking their time building.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:24 PM

3,572 posts, read 6,195,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinix1999 View Post
Well, since Whole Foods closed its Wild Oats store in Mission several years ago, I doubt if they have plans to return to the area (they were across from the Mission Mall in a building that once housed a Safeway).
The closing of the Wild Oats in Mission probably had to do with the anti-trust agreement when Whole Foods acquired Wild Oats. The Gateway development would be a great location for another Whole Foods. There's been talk in the past of a WF location in the Plaza area, so I'm not sure if there's room for both. If it were a choice I'd rather see a Plaza location, especially if it were tied to a greater development to form more of an "East Plaza" neighborhood and clean up the suburban mess that currently forms the Plaza area east of Main/Brookside BLVD.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:28 PM

3 posts, read 3,092 times
Hmmm.....A Trader Joe's would be OK.....I just don't think there the neighborhood has the money to support a Whole Foods.
Do we really need more retail space? I see it empty everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City