U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 09:22 AM

677 posts, read 1,146,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Too many people who speak the truth about Kansas City, Missouri, as in this post, have been run off from this forum. It's sad.
Yeah, someone who used phrases like "*******" and claims the forum is a liberal conspiracy really contributed a lot to the discourse around here. Not to mention the fact that the post is full of factual inaccuracies (no food around UMKC? give me a break!) and biased anecdotes masquerading as truths.

Luz, you often claim the kcmo is a troll with resentment towards JoCo who only posts flamebait that brings down the level of discourse (and I agree that his posts are often overly incendiary and belligerent), but please take a moment to consider your own posts. You post just as many trolling, flamebait rants against Kansas City, Missouri. In your eyes, if anyone criticizes JoCo, they have some biased agenda, but your constant bashing of KCMO is just telling the truth? Your complete and utter lack of self awareness and the irony in your posts is mind boggling!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I wasn't even commenting on Troost and I don't care about Troost. You started this thread, not me. I was only bringing to light a poster's comment - a poster who experienced the same thing I have and others have when they tried to defend Johnson County on this forum. I was commenting on how anyone defending Johnson County on this forum is attacked and eventually run off from this forum by people like you, kcmo.
He was not defending JoCo, he was attacking KCMO. That is the problem here - you see the two as one and the same.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:29 AM

12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseOwlSaysHoot View Post
Yeah, someone who used phrases like "*******" and claims the forum is a liberal conspiracy really contributed a lot to the discourse around here. Not to mention the fact that the post is full of factual inaccuracies (no food around UMKC? give me a break!) and biased anecdotes masquerading as truths.

Luz, you often claim the kcmo is a troll with resentment towards JoCo who only posts flamebait that brings down the level of discourse (and I agree that his posts are often overly incendiary and belligerent), but please take a moment to consider your own posts. You post just as many trolling, flamebait rants against Kansas City, Missouri. In your eyes, if anyone criticizes JoCo, they have some biased agenda, but your constant bashing of KCMO is just telling the truth? Your complete and utter lack of self awareness and the irony in your posts is mind boggling!
I disagree that I post trolling, flamebaiting posts the way kcmo does. Every time I post something, kcmo is here stalking my posts to immediately post something to bait me. The fact is, most of the time when I see his baiting threads about how horrible Johnson County is, I don't even respond. I think my post history speaks for itself.

I think there's too much crime in Kansas City and I think that crime is underestimated by people desperate to lure people to urban Kansas City. Aside from that, I don't have a problem with Kansas City, but I prefer suburban to urban areas, which I have repeatedly stated. I do love Johnson County because it is NOT KCMO. But any time I post anything positive about Johnson County, kcmo is there within minutes to post something stupid and baiting. I do have a problem with that and I do have a problem with kcmo continually running down Johnson County. He doesn't even LIVE here anymore and he is stalking this forum and my posts. I guess I will just start reporting every baiting, sarcastic, insulting reply he makes to my posts instead of replying to them. But then, I do still want to defend Johnson County from his idiotic rants. I will say again that my post history speaks for itself.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseOwlSaysHoot View Post
He was not defending JoCo, he was attacking KCMO. That is the problem here - you see the two as one and the same.
No, he was commenting on how people downplay crime in Kansas City, and I agree with that. He wasn't defending Johnson County in this particular post, but he does mention that Johnson County is safer than KCMO, and also agree with that (who wouldn't?), and that Johnson County is made to look as bad crime wise on this forum as KCMO. He mentions the trolling, by which I think he does mean same thing I have encountered in the KCMO (kcmo) versus Johnson County debate. There used to be a poster named Samantha who tried to defend Johnson County and was runoff. Others post sparingly now or not at all because they have given up fighting against kcmo's agenda on this forum.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:57 AM

The vast majority of posts that I see "bashing JoCo" are discussing the use of tax incentives to lure companies across state lines, which I think is a valid discussion.

Yes, people may suggest there other places to live than JoCo, places that they might personally prefer or might be a better match for a certain person, but I don't see posters putting down JoCo as a horrible place. You seem to take the suggestion that individuals might want to live somewhere other than JoCo as an affront. There is no great anti-JoCo assault going on in this forum that needs your defense. You are swinging at windmills. And your post history does speak for itself - you have clearly expressed that you don't like and Kansas City and you love to take cheap shots at KC and Missouri whenever possible.

There are many people who have stopped using this forum - from all persuasions, including many pro-urban KCMO posters who don't come around any more. It is just the nature of a forum like this that people lose interest and get bored (and yes turned off by the constant bickering by all sides).

Old 03-19-2014, 10:25 AM

481 posts, read 580,207 times
Can we close this thread too? This forum has become worthless with all the bickering that goes on.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:46 AM

180 posts, read 205,276 times
The worst problem I've ever had east of Troost was dealing with an extremely aggressive panhandler at the Inner City Oil of the Paseo. People who unthinkingly close their minds off to such a huge chunk of a city impoverish themselves.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:20 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,907,643 times
Quote:
I disagree that I post trolling, flamebaiting posts the way kcmo does. Every time I post something, kcmo is here stalking my posts to immediately post something to bait me. The fact is, most of the time when I see his baiting threads about how horrible Johnson County is, I don't even respond. I think my post history speaks for itself.

I think there's too much crime in Kansas City and I think that crime is underestimated by people desperate to lure people to urban Kansas City. Aside from that, I don't have a problem with Kansas City, but I prefer suburban to urban areas, which I have repeatedly stated. I do love Johnson County because it is NOT KCMO. But any time I post anything positive about Johnson County, kcmo is there within minutes to post something stupid and baiting. I do have a problem with that and I do have a problem with kcmo continually running down Johnson County. He doesn't even LIVE here anymore and he is stalking this forum and my posts. I guess I will just start reporting every baiting, sarcastic, insulting reply he makes to my posts instead of replying to them. But then, I do still want to defend Johnson County from his idiotic rants. I will say again that my post history speaks for itself.
Some of your stuff is just as bad as KCMO's. Do you bash KCMO while you look at art work at the NELSON?

Old 03-19-2014, 11:42 AM

10,705 posts, read 18,498,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Some of your stuff is just as bad as KCMO's. Do you bash KCMO while you look at art work at the NELSON?
What exactly am I posting that is bad?

Fine. I'm done with the KC forum. I actually don't post here much anyway. Lots of other forums on city data.

All I have ever wanted was for KC to be a better place and the poaching and lack of regional cooperation really does keep the metro stagnant.

But whatever. You guys win.

Enjoy luzianne's wonderful posts, maybe she can bring back the entire JoCo gang.

Maybe some day people in metro KC can actually tackle some of the bigger issues that plague the area but till then, back to how great Blue Valley schools are.

Have fun everybody

Old 03-19-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Nope. I just said in the post you quoted of mine that that aside crime and people downplaying the crime issue in KCMO (and the attitude toward Johnson County of those people), I don't have a problem with KCMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City