U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 11:35 AM

48,897 posts, read 39,392,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
She was married just 5 months ago. Muslim traditions are repressive for women. Cops say no crime committed. Once she was married he most likely anted her to be a traditional Muslim woman.imo
It might be that he isn't repressive or abusive....might just be an arranged marriage to a fugly guy that never brushs his teeth and she snapped and went to stay at a gf's apartment for a couple days to get away from him.

I do favor your general "husband related" theory though given the age, timing and strong possibility of it being arranged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 07:05 PM

98 posts, read 198,937 times
No one will ever find out the truth. The powers that be in KC , do not want to offend muslims and their 7 th century traditions concerning women , who are treated like chattel. The authorities will hide the truth from americans, that they have been invaded by a very odious foreign culture.Sorry libs , but not all cultures are equal.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:40 PM

5,239 posts, read 6,515,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo13 View Post
No one will ever find out the truth. The powers that be in KC , do not want to offend muslims and their 7 th century traditions concerning women , who are treated like chattel. The authorities will hide the truth from americans, that they have been invaded by a very odious foreign culture.Sorry libs , but not all cultures are equal.
It's more like the public haven't the need or the right to know as it's a personal matter as to why she took off. I would however have felt better if she had made a general apology to those that put in time and effort trying to locate her. People deserve a great deal of credit for coming out and trying to help when they thought she was in danger. I wish the best for her and all of you on C/D.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:36 AM

12,064 posts, read 27,212,345 times
You know what other religion is associated with being super un-progressive towards women? Oh that'd be Christianity. The most subjugated women I know in this country are so under the guise of the bible's teachings. What incredible hypocrisy some people show.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:58 PM

3,572 posts, read 6,198,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
You know what other religion is associated with being super un-progressive towards women? Oh that'd be Christianity. The most subjugated women I know in this country are so under the guise of the bible's teachings. What incredible hypocrisy some people show.
Some examples would be interesting. How are these women you know subjugated by Christianity? I'm not really doubting you, just curious.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:13 PM

12,064 posts, read 27,212,345 times
My dear friend was just married in a Christian church and these were their vows (they're quite standard and traditional)

MALE
I, _____, take you, ______, to be my wedded wife. With deepest joy I receive you into my life that together we may be one. As is Christ to His body, the church, so I will be to you a loving and faithful husband. Always will I perform my headship over you even as Christ does over me, knowing that His Lordship is one of the holiest desires for my life. I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, my tenderest care. I promise I will live first unto God rather than others or even you. I promise that I will lead our lives into a life of faith and hope in Christ Jesus. Ever honoring God's guidance by His spirit through the Word, And so throughout life, no matter what may lie ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as a loving and faithful husband.

FEMALE
I, _____, take you, ______, to be my wedded husband. With deepest joy I come into my new life with you. As you have pledged to me your life and love, so I too happily give you my life, and in confidence submit myself to your headship as to the Lord. As is the church in her relationship to Christ, so I will be to you. _____, I will live first unto our God and then unto you, loving you, obeying you, caring for you and ever seeking to please you. God has prepared me for you and so I will ever strengthen, help, comfort, and encourage you. Therefore, throughout life, no matter what may be ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as an obedient and faithful wife.

The officiant then gave a whole spiel about how woman was like the church and man was like God.

Edit: Even Genesis has that whole shebang about "husband is head of the wife"

Old 12-30-2011, 02:25 PM

385 posts, read 810,018 times
22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.... we hear that part all of the time but what about the expectations of the husband?

25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

You see it's a two way street. It's about marriage being a about uniting as one and that each person in that marriage should give themselves completely for one another. If I only had read the first sentence it does seem strange, but when I continue to read I find that there are expectations of each of us so that we can have a strong, successful and most importantly love filled marriage.

PS. I don't think that all muslims treat women horribly nor do I think that all people of other religions always do it right but if you look into the treatment of women in many arab nations I don't think you'd like what you see.

EDIT: In regards to the actual topic, I'm glad that she was found safe. A close friend of mine is a close friend of hers and my heart was breaking for her during such a stressful and confusing time. So, most importantly, she's safe.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:31 PM

15,831 posts, read 18,446,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It is possible for the city to sue for expenses if they so choose. It is good she was found safe. No reason to speculate. If the police don't have enough information then neither does my crystal ball.

Well, no. She may owe the public treasury re-imbursement for expenses but no, she does not owe the public an explaination. Just because you may want something does not mean it is owed to you, IMO. YMMV
As I recall they sued/charged that runaway bride a couple years ago.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:26 PM

149 posts, read 224,570 times
aisha more than likely left because she was tired of the weak minded 1st century irrational Muslim men, including husband, and just wanted out.
I dont blame her. they come here for better life then the women find freedom and they cant handle it.

As for christianity
we dont make women wear burkas or completely cover themselves. make them stay home or if they ask permission to go only in groups.

the whole muslim faith is still in the 1st century.
christianity isnt perfect but at least women are a person insteaed of being trashed on by weak minded muslim men!!

Old 12-31-2011, 08:41 AM

3,625 posts, read 6,761,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo13 View Post
I don't think the lack of information has anything to do with her being a Muslim. That guy who was hiding out in Shawnee Mission Park a couple years ago, we never heard what the real story was behind that, either. Nor would I expect to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City