U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 07:06 AM

2,153 posts, read 3,379,005 times
Default Aisha Khan found safe

Student Aisha Khan found safe, was not held against her will - KansasCity.com

So??? Thoughts? Not taken against will yet we can't find out why? Resources in the search to find her aren't free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 07:08 AM

12,062 posts, read 17,824,602 times
I'm terribly glad she's OK, but I'm certainly a bit curious as to the circumstances.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:33 AM

6,430 posts, read 4,424,587 times
I predict a repressive, abusive husband.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:38 AM

16,362 posts, read 12,962,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post

So??? Thoughts? Not taken against will yet we can't find out why? Resources in the search to find her aren't free.
Honestly, is it really the public's business? Being curious and having any real right to know are two separate things.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:14 AM

12,062 posts, read 17,824,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Honestly, is it really the public's business? Being curious and having any real right to know are two separate things.
I agree. Though it doesn't make me want to know any less.

I wonder why Versatile immediately assumes abusive husband? Also, would that not fall under that "held against her will" category?

Old 12-22-2011, 08:23 AM

28,781 posts, read 16,748,877 times
It's likely to have been....

1) Nervous breakdown over the pressure of school etc.
2) Bad grades 1st semester at a 4 year college and shame\fear
3) Family issues, another guy?

It's freezing at night and everyone was looking for her so she had to stay SOMEWHERE other than with family and couldn't have just lived in the bushes etc. I can't imagine a classmate or womens shelter etc. would have harbored her and not heard ANYTHING about the "abduction" so whomever she stayed with must have been very very close to her?

Odd case, glad she isn't dead and hope things work out for her.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:23 AM

6 posts, read 4,088 times
Well, it does becomes the publics business when they enlisted the public for their help in finding her. I don't care to pry into their personal lives, but they do owe the public an explanation.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:20 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,377,949 times
Personally, I didn't think she sounded truly afraid or in trouble in the voicemail she left that the news kept playing. I had a hunch some sort of immature BS was going on, likely involving a guy. So it'll be interesting to find out what happened should it ever be revealed.

Wow though - beautiful girl.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:11 AM

29,990 posts, read 18,683,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post

It is possible for the city to sue for expenses if they so choose. It is good she was found safe. No reason to speculate. If the police don't have enough information then neither does my crystal ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccountrybabe View Post
Well, it does becomes the publics business when they enlisted the public for their help in finding her. I don't care to pry into their personal lives, but they do owe the public an explanation.
Well, no. She may owe the public treasury re-imbursement for expenses but no, she does not owe the public an explaination. Just because you may want something does not mean it is owed to you, IMO. YMMV

Old 12-22-2011, 10:11 AM

6,430 posts, read 4,424,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I agree. Though it doesn't make me want to know any less.

I wonder why Versatile immediately assumes abusive husband? Also, would that not fall under that "held against her will" category?
She was married just 5 months ago. Muslim traditions are repressive for women. Cops say no crime committed. Once she was married he most likely anted her to be a traditional Muslim woman.imo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City