U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-17-2012, 09:28 PM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Reputation: 14105

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Attendance at sporting events normally fluctuates with a team's performance. That's not exactly earth shattering news.
Then what was your point with the earth shattering news that their remaining home games were sold out? You posted an article that said that their las three games were sold out. So by the same token, if they are doing well this year and they usually don't, and the have sellouts this year and they usually don't, isn't that because of their team's performance this year? So if, like you say, it fluctuates with how well the team is doing, why is my comment not earth shattering but your comment that they are sold out is earth shattering?

Last edited by luzianne; 02-17-2012 at 10:16 PM..

 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:06 PM
 
400 posts, read 843,366 times
Reputation: 390
Missouri Tigers vs. Kansas Jayhawks - Recap - February 25, 2012 - ESPN

Quote:
No. 4 Kansas 87, No. 3 Missouri 86

Associated Press

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Kansas and Missouri kept their storied rivalry alive just a little bit longer.

Tyshawn Taylor and Thomas Robinson made it a memorable ending for Kansas.

Robinson kept the game going with a three-point play in the closing seconds of regulation, and Taylor's two free throws with 8.3 seconds left in overtime gave the fourth-ranked Jayhawks an 87-86 victory over No. 3 Missouri on Saturday in their final scheduled regular-season matchup.

The Tigers, who blew a 19-point second-half lead, never got a potential winning shot off in the closing seconds. They will head off to the Southeastern Conference next season with a bitter taste in their mouths.
LOL.
 
Old 02-25-2012, 10:07 PM
 
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
592 posts, read 1,847,107 times
Reputation: 208
What would be idiotic is for KU or KSU, or any other Big 12 school to even entertain the thought of playing those bastards.


Specific to KU....MU needs KU...not the other way around. May MU rot in hell. And I'm not a Jayhawk. My team is undefeated against Misery in sports that matter in their final year in the conference they tried to destroy. I hope they and their fans enjoy being even more irrelevant than they already are when they jump to the SEC where, quite frankly, no one will give a damn about them.
 
Old 02-27-2012, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Tower Grove East, St. Louis, MO
12,064 posts, read 27,212,345 times
Reputation: 3739
kU played awfully for most of the game. It was a shame we didn't pull it out in the end, but keeping it within 1 in Lawrence is no small feat. I have no bitter taste regarding that game. The K-State game on Tuesday was an entirely different matter, however.

It's super cute that this mjb fellow thinks no one will care about MU in the SEC. We should be in the mid- to top-half in football next year (and thus get a chance at a solid bowl -- no real difference than the b12) and quite competitive in b-ball. I wasn't initially pleased about the move, but I'm getting genuinely excited. It's time for a change. The virtriol and sour grapes spouted by kU shows exactly that.
 
Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Reputation: 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
kU played awfully for most of the game. It was a shame we didn't pull it out in the end, but keeping it within 1 in Lawrence is no small feat. I have no bitter taste regarding that game. The K-State game on Tuesday was an entirely different matter, however.

It's super cute that this mjb fellow thinks no one will care about MU in the SEC. We should be in the mid- to top-half in football next year (and thus get a chance at a solid bowl -- no real difference than the b12) and quite competitive in b-ball. I wasn't initially pleased about the move, but I'm getting genuinely excited. It's time for a change. The virtriol and sour grapes spouted by kU shows exactly that.
Columbia game: The refs were definitely against KU. We were being fouled (especially TROB) and MU was not being called for fouls. And we were being called for everything. In Lawrence, the refs helped you get that 19 point run. It came after Robinson and Withey were on the bench because of bogus fouls called on them. We did miss a lot of free throws, though. I really thought the refs were against KU in the first half. In the second half it evened out. I really think it was that one ref on the south end that was making the bad calls, so the second half it evened out when we were at the other end and MU got the bad ref.

But still, you guys gave up a 19 point lead. And then when it mattered, Dixon could get a shot off in time.

In the SEC, MU is going to be at the bottom of the barrel. The Big 12 will do fine. KU will be fine. MU needs KU to draw crowds. KU draws crowds no matter who they are playing. I guess we see it differently, because I think MU fans have all the vitriol and act like thugs (some had to be escorted out of Allen Fieldhouse Saturday - I was there). I agree, the rivalry is too toxic and needs to end.
 
Old 02-27-2012, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Tower Grove East, St. Louis, MO
12,064 posts, read 27,212,345 times
Reputation: 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Columbia game: The refs were definitely against KU. We were being fouled (especially TROB) and MU was not being called for fouls. And we were being called for everything. In Lawrence, the refs helped you get that 19 point run. It came after Robinson and Withey were on the bench because of bogus fouls called on them. We did miss a lot of free throws, though. I really thought the refs were against KU in the first half. In the second half it evened out. I really think it was that one ref on the south end that was making the bad calls, so the second half it evened out when we were at the other end and MU got the bad ref.

But still, you guys gave up a 19 point lead. And then when it mattered, Dixon could get a shot off in time.

In the SEC, MU is going to be at the bottom of the barrel. The Big 12 will do fine. KU will be fine. MU needs KU to draw crowds. KU draws crowds no matter who they are playing. I guess we see it differently, because I think MU fans have all the vitriol and act like thugs (some had to be escorted out of Allen Fieldhouse Saturday - I was there). I agree, the rivalry is too toxic and needs to end.

Only kU fans like to think that. There's little reason to believe that to be the case.

And complaining about the officiating -- why that's your guys' go-to whine always, isn't it? It must be terrible to be so often victimized!
 
Old 02-27-2012, 03:38 PM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Reputation: 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Only kU fans like to think that. There's little reason to believe that to be the case.

And complaining about the officiating -- why that's your guys' go-to whine always, isn't it? It must be terrible to be so often victimized!
You guys have whined longer over Saturday's game than any whining we have ever done. You are STILL whining.

And about being bottom of the barrel in the SEC - oh yes, that will definitely happen. Time will prove me right. I read an article that was wondering if the SEC made a mistake letting MU in. Probably so, but I'm thankful they are the ones who have to deal with you now, not us.
 
Old 02-28-2012, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,758 posts, read 9,489,324 times
Reputation: 2791
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Only kU fans like to think that. There's little reason to believe that to be the case.
Actually, every SEC fan I have talked to thinks that will be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
And complaining about the officiating -- why that's your guys' go-to whine always, isn't it? It must be terrible to be so often victimized!
Why would we have to whine about the refs when we have won 8 straight conference titles and make tournament runs every single year? KU fans blame the players too much IMO. I rarely, if ever, hear them complain about the refs. We are really hard on Self and the players in a loss.

MU fans are still complaining about the officiating from Saturday. I have an MU fan friend who said he is losing sleep over the officiating. I actually thought the refs were pretty good in that game. In basketball, you are never going to get every call. It isnt possible.
 
Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Reputation: 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Actually, every SEC fan I have talked to thinks that will be the case.



Why would we have to whine about the refs when we have won 8 straight conference titles and make tournament runs every single year? KU fans blame the players too much IMO. I rarely, if ever, hear them complain about the refs. We are really hard on Self and the players in a loss.

MU fans are still complaining about the officiating from Saturday. I have an MU fan friend who said he is losing sleep over the officiating. I actually thought the refs were pretty good in that game. In basketball, you are never going to get every call. It isnt possible.
They are ridiculous. They had a 19 point lead in the first half. If anything, the refs were helping THEM because their run came after we had Withey and Robinson on the bench because of two bogus fouls. The referee on the south end was the one calling most of those fouls, and then in the second half it evened out because MU was at that end. And even after all that, what the game down to was one shot that Dixon couldn't get off in time. If he had just done that, they would have won.

I think the officiating really went against KU in Columbia. But KU got over it. MU is still whining and now showing their immaturity by saying TROB cheats and doesn't deserve player of the year, putting Bill Self down, and last night, even implying that boosters are paying for Tyshawn Taylor's mom to travel to games and making at her dancing last night at the game, celebrating her son's accomplishments. They are saying she needs to act her age and implying that she's too poor to afford to travel with her own money so boosters must be paying for her travel. It also irks them that the NCAA allowed KU to help Thomas Robinson when his mother died. So petty. I'm so glad we are done with that fanbase.
 
Old 02-28-2012, 12:04 PM
 
Location: St. Louis
7,041 posts, read 5,071,482 times
Reputation: 4045
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Why would we have to whine about the refs when we have won 8 straight conference titles and make tournament runs every single year?
I don't know why either, but KU fans have a well-earned reputation for being huge whiners about the refs.

Did you read your own boards after the MU game in Columbia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top