U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 PM

7,041 posts, read 5,071,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Then what was your point with the earth shattering news that their remaining home games were sold out?
I was providing further evidence that your original statement that Mizzou only sold out for the KU game was wrong.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 PM

5,758 posts, read 9,489,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I don't know why either, but KU fans have a well-earned reputation for being huge whiners about the refs.

Did you read your own boards after the MU game in Columbia?

I dont go on college boards because it is a lot of college kids and they arent very reasonable. The older KU fans who are alumni and what not will go after the players and Self, not the refs.

The game in Columbia was poorly officiated but a ref never decides a game. If you have a lead, you hold it. It's that simple and KU failed to do that like MU failed to do it.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:18 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Quote:
I was providing further evidence that your original statement that Mizzou only sold out for the KU game was wrong.
And I was refuting that. You had empty seats all over the place last Tuesday.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I dont go on college boards because it is a lot of college kids and they arent very reasonable. The older KU fans who are alumni and what not will go after the players and Self, not the refs.

The game in Columbia was poorly officiated but a ref never decides a game. If you have a lead, you hold it. It's that simple and KU failed to do that like MU failed to do it.
Agreed. Exciting game, KU won.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb62676 View Post
Specific to KU....MU needs KU...not the other way around. May MU rot in hell. And I'm not a Jayhawk. My team is undefeated against Misery in sports that matter in their final year in the conference they tried to destroy. I hope they and their fans enjoy being even more irrelevant than they already are when they jump to the SEC where, quite frankly, no one will give a damn about them.
You have issues.

MU doesn't "need" any other team period. Not KU, not KSU, not Texas.

News flash: If KU or KSU had the opportunity to jump from the Big 12 to a more stable conference that provided the potential for greater revenue, just like MU, Texas A&M, Nebraska and Colorado, they would have done it in a heartbeat.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The Big 12 will do fine. KU will be fine.
KU is not fine in football, you just had to fire yet another coach. Of course, you were only talking about basketball I'm sure. I think we've learned how important basketball is when it comes to conference realignment.

All I know is that before MU made the move to the SEC official, I was very concerned about the stability of the Big 12, particularly since it was well-known that Texas has been studying its options the last several years ad OU's president said OU was studying its options as well.

So you're "fine" until one of two schools makes a move, then it all comes tumbling down like a house of cards.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:31 PM

5,758 posts, read 9,489,324 times
Quote:
KU is not fine in football, you just had to fire yet another coach. Of course, you were only talking about basketball I'm sure. I think we've learned how important basketball is when it comes to conference realignment.
They made a bad hire and they turned around and made a solid hire that suddenly put KU in the national spotlight.

All I know is that before MU made the move to the SEC official, I was very concerned about the stability of the Big 12, particularly since it was well-known that Texas has been studying its options the last several years ad OU's president said OU was studying its options as well.

Quote:
So you're "fine" until one of two schools makes a move, then it all comes tumbling down like a house of cards.
You think KU dont or will not have options when that happens. The difference between KU and MU is that MU cannot keep their trap shut about business that goes on behind closed doors (i.e. Matt Painter, SEC) while KU can conduct things like a normal business and not let things out. Just because it has not been rumored that KU was heading anywhere doesnt mean they dont have options. KU's basketball program is the 3rd most profitable in the country. While it isnt football, that is still worth something (several million a year). Every round you advance into the tournament, you get a large chunk of change and every Big Monday appearance is another large chunk of change.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:

You had to rename your basketball venue due to a scandal and now your basketball coach is under investigation by the NCAA. Meanwhile, our coach just one his 8th straight Big 12 title.

Nothing is going to happen to the Big 12. I'm not worried about it at all, and you don't need to worry for us. The Big 12 isn't going to crumble. Even if it did, I think KU would have more options than MU did. The Big 10 didn't want you. You had to beg your way into the SEC. We have championships; you don't.

And you guys don't exactly excel in football. You have no championships in ANYTHING, so no reason to hold yourselves up as better than KU.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:11 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,514,921 times
Hey MUTiger - Remember what happens when you roll in the mud with pigs!
or in this case low life scumbag jayhawks.

If they keep this up we will have to send some boys back to low-rents to burn down Allen field house. Now that would be a sight worth seeing!

Old 02-29-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Hey MUTiger - Remember what happens when you roll in the mud with pigs!
or in this case low life scumbag jayhawks.

If they keep this up we will have to send some boys back to low-rents to burn down Allen field house. Now that would be a sight worth seeing!
In case you didn't get the memo, the Civil War is over. This is exactly the reason I am glad we are done playing you guys. Good luck at the bottom of the SEC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZOI...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by luzianne; 02-29-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City