Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 10:29 AM

7,442 posts, read 6,964,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You have no championships in ANYTHING, so no reason to hold yourselves up as better than KU.
Other than we have a better football program, both now and historically, a better and bigger school in general, bigger and better cities within our state boundaries, and a better and much bigger and more diverse state in general. We also have one flagship university for a state with 6 million people versus KU and KSU sharing the spotlight in a state with less than half the population.

You don't beg your way into the SEC. They are the premier football conference and choose who they want, which is likely the reason they don't have exit fees - no one wants to leave.

I have no doubt KU will be fine in basketball. You will continue to rack up conference championship banners in the Mountain West Conference after the inevitable implosion of the Big 12.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:38 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,485,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Other than we have a better football program, both now and historically, a better and bigger school in general, bigger and better cities within our state boundaries, and a better and much bigger and more diverse state in general. We also have one flagship university for a state with 6 million people versus KU and KSU sharing the spotlight in a state with less than half the population.

You don't beg your way into the SEC. They are the premier football conference and choose who they want, which is likely the reason they don't have exit fees - no one wants to leave.

I have no doubt KU will be fine in basketball. You will continue to rack up conference championship banners in the Mountain West Conference after the inevitable implosion of the Big 12.

::giggles::

Old 02-29-2012, 11:40 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,135,088 times
Quote:

And no championships. Ever. At all. I'm sure the SEC is proud. And yes, you did beg yourself into the SEC. And the Big 12 has exit fees as well. KU has no reason to want to change conferences.

Good luck with that delusion of how great Missouri is. You forgot to add they are #1 in meth. I was born there and raised there half my life. Left by choice.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:29 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,485,827 times
^The SEC doesn't have exit fees; the Big 12 does.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:36 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422681_2739652736090_1400573044_32337513_151410281 7_n.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-29-2012, 01:45 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,964,020 times
Seems like your side is doing most of the hating.

Congrats on the win. Bill Self is, in my humble opinion, as good of a coach as there is in college basketball right now, up there with Izzo and Coach K.

You've got a great program with an amazing history, so I'd be proud of it too.

Good luck the rest of the way lest our paths cross again. Ok, I wrote that last part with my fingers crossed.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Seems like your side is doing most of the hating.

Congrats on the win. Bill Self is, in my humble opinion, as good of a coach as there is in college basketball right now, up there with Izzo and Coach K.

You've got a great program with an amazing history, so I'd be proud of it too.

Good luck the rest of the way lest our paths cross again. Ok, I wrote that last part with my fingers crossed.
In bold: From over here, it looks just the opposite.

Thanks for the rest. Good luck to Mizzou as well.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:26 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,715,042 times
Well, I thought the game was very entertaining myself and I don't watch a lot of college basketball. The entire reason I even brought up this thread was because I thought the KU/MU rivalry should live on and that game (as well as the one in Columbia this year) only show what an intense rivalry it is.

Either way, it's silly to say that one team needs the other in football or basketball. It’s sad to see the rivalry come to an end (at least for now), but Mizzou will move on.

I do wonder how this will play out in KC though. It will be interesting to see what tournaments and football games KC gets from here on out.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:06 PM

103 posts, read 258,695 times
Quote:

Now I must state that MU does have a good football team. basketball team was good this year too. I also understand that football is a more popular sport of the two (football, basketball), but when you think of college sports and football Mizzou doesn't pop into mind. Good program but not elite. KU or KSU won't pop in mind either when it comes to football lol, but I guarantee you that when you think of college basketball KU is and will always be an elite contender. One thing I love about both KU and MU is the rivalry and hatred that they have for each other is no different than how the states feel about each other. Me personally I have no problem with the Missouri side have family from that side of the water and lots of friends, but some people are different. Any way the one thing that cracks me up is how when mizzou was big 12 they were all for their conference now that they are leaving they bad talk it like that not were they came from hahaha. I might see someone still in college or just started and never experience the big 12 conference, but for you alumni or mizzou fans who were raised watching the big 12 to know down the conference I laugh at you. I live in SEC-LAND right now in little rock, ar and although they are happy to add 2 big 12 teams, I listen to sports talk down here and they don't find you guys a threat at all. They say you may average 6 wins nothing more, they acknowledge you are a decent program, but think you will always be a mid level team. Now I'm just going off what I hear people say down here. SEC is a BEAST of a conference,but that's not going to make you a beast, because now your SEC member. Good luck in the SEC I hope you do good over their. Oh yeah one last thing, happy to see KSU beat you guys twice and KU send you cats out with a tucked tail hahahahaha. Good luck in the SEC guy football games are the best in SEC.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,715,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by careerbound View Post
Now I must state that MU does have a good football team. basketball team was good this year too. I also understand that football is a more popular sport of the two (football, basketball), but when you think of college sports and football Mizzou doesn't pop into mind. Good program but not elite. KU or KSU won't pop in mind either when it comes to football lol, but I guarantee you that when you think of college basketball KU is and will always be an elite contender. One thing I love about both KU and MU is the rivalry and hatred that they have for each other is no different than how the states feel about each other. Me personally I have no problem with the Missouri side have family from that side of the water and lots of friends, but some people are different. Any way the one thing that cracks me up is how when mizzou was big 12 they were all for their conference now that they are leaving they bad talk it like that not were they came from hahaha. I might see someone still in college or just started and never experience the big 12 conference, but for you alumni or mizzou fans who were raised watching the big 12 to know down the conference I laugh at you. I live in SEC-LAND right now in little rock, ar and although they are happy to add 2 big 12 teams, I listen to sports talk down here and they don't find you guys a threat at all. They say you may average 6 wins nothing more, they acknowledge you are a decent program, but think you will always be a mid level team. Now I'm just going off what I hear people say down here. SEC is a BEAST of a conference,but that's not going to make you a beast, because now your SEC member. Good luck in the SEC I hope you do good over their. Oh yeah one last thing, happy to see KSU beat you guys twice and KU send you cats out with a tucked tail hahahahaha. Good luck in the SEC guy football games are the best in SEC.
I'm not sure MU will ever be on par with some of those teams down there. I guess it's possible, but some of those areas live and breath college football (like Kansas lives and breathes college basketball). I mean they are literally obsessed. Missouri has always seemed more like a Colorado or something. Lots of fans, but just not quite as nuts as some of the other places. More passive. It's not the end of the world if they don't win a championship and not the best thing in the world if they do win a championship. But there is a huge mizzou fan base. It may just be a sleeping giant and the SEC may just be the thing to awaken it.

MU had one of the larger football stadiums in the Big12 and now will be in the bottom third. MU is a pretty good sized school and the biggest sports program in a rather populated state. I wonder if we may see an expanded Faurot Field in the near future.

Tennessee 102,455
Alabama 101,821
Georgia 92,746
LSU 92,542
Florida 88,548
Auburn 87,451
Texas A&M 83,002
South Carolina 80,250
Arkansas 76,000
Missouri 71,004
Kentucky 67,530
Ole Miss 60,580
Mississippi State 55,082
Vanderbilt 39,790
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City