U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 01:47 PM

7,041 posts, read 5,071,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Attendance for MU's game tonight, their last home game and senior night, and an important conference game, was 6000.
You are just making stuff up at this point:

[LEFT]Iowa State Cyclones vs. Missouri Tigers Team12ScoreIowa State403272Missouri364278 Officials: John Higgins, Roland Simmons, Kevin Mathis Attendance: 14837

Read more: St. Louis Cardinals, Rams, Blues, Mizzou, Illini & high school sports news & forums[/LEFT]

And KU did not sell out one game last season in football:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Ka..._football_team

Last edited by MUTGR; 03-01-2012 at 02:00 PM..

Old 03-01-2012, 03:21 PM

5,758 posts, read 9,489,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
This is the real reason Mizzou moved to the SEC. Stability! Equality!
It was NEVER going to happen in the B12. Letting the Texas schools join the Big 8 was a mistake IMHO.
Equality? You think the SEC has equality? Something that MU fans seem to not be aware of is that SEC schools retain third tier rights and the big schools much like Texas have their own deals with networks in which they get to keep the money. So, you can ***** about Texas but there are several schools such as LSU and Alabama that have their own TV deals and you wont get a dime of it. How is that for equality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
kU fans know this which is why they carry on as they do, jealousy brings out the worst in people. They know they will never get a sniff of the SEC and if the little 12 does implode the Mountain West becomes reality.

M I Z ~ S E C !
Jealous? Are you serious? I would be livid if KU went to the SEC. I dont want a piece of that slimeball, confederate conference. Are you going to hang a confederate flag from your house? Congrats, you just jumped back 150 years.

Have you heard prominent boosters from SEC schools compare black football players to slaves? I dont want any part of that slimy scum conference. I would rather be independent.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:25 PM

5,758 posts, read 9,489,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
luzianne, where do you think you'll go when the Big12 officially falls apart? Or are you still in denial that that will happen?

Also, why are you still hanging out on the dumb MU board? I thought you said you only went to see the discussion of Thomas Robinson?
What makes you think the Big 12 will fall apart? Schools left and we picked up more and right now there are 6 to 8 major schools interested in joining the conference.

The Big East will fall apart before the Big 12 and there is a good chance we will inherit several of those schools when they do.

As a Kansas Citian, I have Big 12 pride and every other KC college sports fan should be as well. If not, you should be ashamed of yourself. This move was horrible for the KC economy. The good MU fans I know are still pissed about this move and a couple have chosen to no longer support MU athletics.

If you think KU would not land in a major conference if the Big 12 fell apart, you are very ignorant.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:31 PM

12,064 posts, read 27,212,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
What makes you think the Big 12 will fall apart? Schools left and we picked up more and right now there are 6 to 8 major schools interested in joining the conference.

The Big East will fall apart before the Big 12 and there is a good chance we will inherit several of those schools when they do.

As a Kansas Citian, I have Big 12 pride and every other KC college sports fan should be as well. If not, you should be ashamed of yourself. This move was horrible for the KC economy. The good MU fans I know are still pissed about this move and a couple have chosen to no longer support MU athletics.

If you think KU would not land in a major conference if the Big 12 fell apart, you are very ignorant.
Because of all the major media coverage about just that ... duh.

I actually agree that this is bad for KC -- I've said it before and I'll say it again: I was definitely not one of the first on board with the move (there are posts of mine saying exactly that). But it is what it is (shockingly they didn't take my opinion into consideration) and as a Mizzou fan, I have come to believe the move was ultimately in our best interests.

And FWIW, I like KC, I've lived here for 2 1/2 years, but I don't consider myself, and likely never will, a Kansas Citian. My loyalties are with my team, not my division.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:00 PM

10,705 posts, read 18,498,983 times
Quote:
Jealous? Are you serious? I would be livid if KU went to the SEC. I dont want a piece of that slimeball, confederate conference. Are you going to hang a confederate flag from your house? Congrats, you just jumped back 150 years.

Have you heard prominent boosters from SEC schools compare black football players to slaves? I dont want any part of that slimy scum conference. I would rather be independent.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:58 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,514,921 times
Quote:

Wow! Now others will understand why I am adamant about the
jayhawk's being scum. Here's proof!

Until the jayhawk name is put to rest kU fans have nothing to complain about.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:14 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You are just making stuff up at this point:

[LEFT]Iowa State Cyclones vs. Missouri Tigers Team12ScoreIowa State403272Missouri364278 Officials: John Higgins, Roland Simmons, Kevin Mathis Attendance: 14837

Read more: St. Louis Cardinals, Rams, Blues, Mizzou, Illini & high school sports news & forums[/LEFT]

And KU did not sell out one game last season in football:

2011 Kansas Jayhawks football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did I say that KU football sells out? No, I just said when I have gone the stadium has been full. I don't know if it's to capacity, I just know that I have to go to the top to find a seat. Not that wikipedia is a reputable source of information, anyway. But Allen Fieldhouse does sell out.

I provided a link for the Cyclones/Tigers game that said the attendance was 6000. I wasn't there to count for myself. But look at this picture - doesn't look like attendance of 14,837 to me. One of the players (Denom or Dixon) even commented in that article that I liked to that he was disappointed the place was empty on senior night after they had only last 4 games at home the last four years (or something like that - paraphrasing)

Allen Fieldhouse on Saturday 02/25 (capacity something like 16,300)

Somebody is lying, but it's not me!

Old 03-01-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Did I say that KU football sells out? No, I just said when I have gone the stadium has been full. I don't know if it's to capacity, I just know that I have to go to the top to find a seat. Not that wikipedia is a reputable source of information, anyway. But Allen Fieldhouse does sell out.

I provided a link for the Cyclones/Tigers game that said the attendance was 6000. I wasn't there to count for myself. But look at this picture - doesn't look like attendance of 14,837 to me. One of the players (Denom or Dixon) even commented in that article that I liked to that he was disappointed the place was empty on senior night after they had only last 4 games at home the last four years (or something like that - paraphrasing)

Allen Fieldhouse on Saturday 02/25 (capacity something like 16,300)

Somebody is lying, but it's not me!
Your link was dated 11/29/11, 3 months before the Iowa State game. That picture was not from the Iowa State game. Please try to make your point with actual facts.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Your link was dated 11/29/11, 3 months before the Iowa State game.
I thought it was after the game last night and that's why there was a comment about senior night? I'll have to look.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I thought it was after the game last night and that's why there was a comment about senior night? I'll have to look.
Anyone can make a mistake.

Here's a link to a picture from last night's game:

The Maneater – Photo from Feb. 29, 2012

The announced crowd was over 14,800.

Look, as I previously said, I concede KU has much better attendence on a consistent basis, but you go too far with some of your comments.

I was prepared to move on from this thread, but you keep throwing stuff out there that I won't let stand unchallenged.

Last edited by MUTGR; 03-01-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City