U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 AM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,609,308 times
Reputation: 14096

Advertisements

kcmo, I think it's a sore spot for you, not us! I don't care who wears what where. If people want to support their schools/teams (I don't care if it's middle school, high school, college or professional), I think that's great! I just find it strange that it bothers you so much. As long as they are clean and their clothes are clean, it's no big deal to me. If they are in a business setting, yes. If they are going to a restaurant or club with a dress code, yes. If they are going to a wedding or funeral where others will be dressed up, yes. But going to the mall/grocery store/bar/airport? I think people should wear what's comfortable and not worry about what anyone thinks.

 
Old 03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
 
1,291 posts, read 2,514,610 times
Reputation: 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If you haven't noticed, I ignore your posts. Your comments have become ridiculous and baiting.
It's called a mea culpa. In other words you have no response and have thrown in the towel. It's a common trait among chickenhawk fans.
 
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,758 posts, read 9,486,551 times
Reputation: 2791
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Well, for some reason this is a very sore spot for you and rob. I would have to assume that is because you are in the crowd that wears KU stuff everywhere you go, something that seems quite common for ku fans to do.
It's not a sore spot at all. You are just inaccurate in this whole topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I mentioned I watched the KU game the other day and noticed that everybody in the stands, like EVERYBODY had on a blue ku shirt. Maryland games I have seen here? Nothing like that. It looks more like an NBA game where people just show up. That's great for KU. The are die hard fans and they like to let everybody know they are ku fans when they are out and about.
You really think people where it for the purpose of telling other people you are a fan of a team? Really? If you think that is the purpose then it just goes to show how ignorant you are on this topic. I have a ton of sports gear and most of the stuff I have of my teams were gifts from other people. My friends and family know I am a huge sports fan so I normally get Packers, KU, and Sporting stuff for my birthday and christmas because it is something easy to get me that they know I will like. I wear it because I want to support my team, it is generally comfortable, and I own it so I use it. It has nothing to do with me showing which team I support unless it is gameday. But, when I got to Target wearing a KU shirt it is because that is what I happen to grab out of my closet that day. I dont care what other people think.

You think everyone wearing the same colored shirt to a sporting event is somehow unique to KU? Do you never watch Chiefs games on TV where everyone is wearing red or Packers games where everyone is wearing green? People tend to wear their team's colors to the games. I have seen Maryland games and the crowd is primarily wearing Terrapin red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
It's just not like that here at all with college. NFL yes. You will see people with Pittsburgh or Philly or even Dallas flags and logs on thier cars etc just to make it known they are not Bmore or Redskins fans. Kind of like KC with KU, Kstate, MU and even places like Georgetown.
You seem to think it is okay to wear NFL gear but no college gear but there is no difference at all. You seem to think it is "hick" to wear college gear but wearing MLB or NFL gear out and about is okay. That makes no sense at all.

I wore a Sporting KC hat and jacket all day Saturday out and about. Does that make me hick? There season doesnt start until this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
BTW, they care more about college lacross out here than basketball anyway.
While I know lacrosse is popular out there, it isnt more popular than basketball. Attendance and TV ratings will show that.
 
Old 03-05-2012, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,758 posts, read 9,486,551 times
Reputation: 2791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
It's called a mea culpa. In other words you have no response and have thrown in the towel. It's a common trait among chickenhawk fans.
No, you just keep repeating the same thing over and over again and it accomplishes nothing. We understand your opinion on the Jayhawk name and your opinion of Jayhawk fans. So, why dont you either discuss the topics everyone else is or stop posting. You fail to answer any questions asked of you and all you do is response by saying Jayhawks are scum. We get it, you dont need to repeat your self.
 
Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 AM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,609,308 times
Reputation: 14096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
It's called a mea culpa. In other words you have no response and have thrown in the towel. It's a common trait among chickenhawk fans.
More bait. Not taking it. Bye now.
 
Old 03-05-2012, 11:12 AM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,609,308 times
Reputation: 14096
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I mentioned I watched the KU game the other day and noticed that everybody in the stands, like EVERYBODY had on a blue ku shirt. Maryland games I have seen here? Nothing like that. It looks more like an NBA game where people just show up. That's great for KU. The are die hard fans and they like to let everybody know they are ku fans when they are out and about.

.
Isn't that kind of the point? It's called a blue out. Ever hear of the "sea of red" at Chiefs games? You don't notice the black and urine yellow clothing fans wear to MU games? You're SUPPOSED to wear your team colors.

I think you project a lot though. By this I mean you say "Oh, they don't do that in Maryland. They don't do that in Washington DC. I only see KU fans doing that...." You try to say that everyone else (Maryland/Washington DC/everyone but KU) does things a certain way, thinks a certain way - in effect, AGREES WITH YOU. It's called projection.

Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people. Thus, projection involves imagining or projecting the belief that others originate those feelings.

Last edited by luzianne; 03-05-2012 at 11:23 AM..
 
Old 03-05-2012, 11:16 AM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,609,308 times
Reputation: 14096
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I understand that. It just seems like it's HUGE in this area. Like you have to go out of your way to avoid it in every store and everybody wears it.

I actually like it myself, I have nothing against it. Most of it looks nice and is high quality. Like I said, it might be just because it's HQd in this area and they have more stores specific to UA, even though it's widely available in every clothing or sporting goods store from Target to Dicks.
So you don't like people wearing sports team apparel, but you like that everyone wears UA? Honestly, I've never seen a GUY so hung up on what other people wear.
 
Old 03-05-2012, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Washington, DC area
10,705 posts, read 18,493,517 times
Reputation: 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
No, you just keep repeating the same thing over and over again and it accomplishes nothing. We understand your opinion on the Jayhawk name and your opinion of Jayhawk fans. So, why dont you either discuss the topics everyone else is or stop posting. You fail to answer any questions asked of you and all you do is response by saying Jayhawks are scum. We get it, you dont need to repeat your self.
Dude, I'm just telling you it's completely different here. People don't care about college sports compared to places like Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Florida etc. Yea, I've said that lots of times, because you keep trying to prove that it's not true. I even started a thread about this a while back asking others and people from DC, Philly, Chicago, Boston etc all said the same thing even though they have more well known and respected colleges in their areas than places like KC. That's why KU and OK and NE fans do tend to stick out in this area.

You can believe or think whatever you want.
 
Old 03-05-2012, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Washington, DC area
10,705 posts, read 18,493,517 times
Reputation: 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
So you don't like people wearing sports team apparel, but you like that everyone wears UA? Honestly, I've never seen a GUY so hung up on what other people wear.
I never said that, I just said it's popular and difficult to avoid because it's so popular. Some people go overboard with UA too, it doesn't bother me.

They are observations. I was only thinking of reasons why college sports apparel is not popular here and that came to mind.

This whole thing is funny actually. I just mention what I notice and you guys are the ones getting super defensive about it. That just tells me that you are in the crowd that boards a plane at KCI looking like you just left Allen Field House.
 
Old 03-05-2012, 11:33 AM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,609,308 times
Reputation: 14096
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Dude, I'm just telling you it's completely different here. People don't care about college sports compared to places like Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Florida etc. Yea, I've said that lots of times, because you keep trying to prove that it's not true. I even started a thread about this a while back asking others and people from DC, Philly, Chicago, Boston etc all said the same thing even though they have more well known and respected colleges in their areas than places like KC. That's why KU and OK and NE fans do tend to stick out in this area.

You can believe or think whatever you want.
Again, you are PROJECTING kcmo. YOU don't care about college sports. I'm sure people there care plenty about college sports, just not the people you hang out with maybe. People everywhere care about college sports. You don't care for them, so you say no one does except Kansas/Kansas City. I bet I could go to the DC, Philly, Chicago, Boston forums right now and find lots of people who are just as into college sports as KU, OK, NE. I know you like to act like the middle of the country is just full of hicks who would like stupid things like college sports, but the joke is on you. College sports are big everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top