Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 12:24 PM
OHW OHW started this thread

102 posts, read 147,686 times

Advertisements

I'm sure there are a million of these threads, but does anyone know of a good apartment complex? I just got a job in the area. I'm looking to spend around $750 after rent and utilities. I've been searching around and stopping by places for the past two weeks and it seems like every place I find has at least one major flaw.

Thanks for any help, and again, I apologize for making another one of these threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 02:25 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
Are you wanting to live in the actual City of North Kansas City or just within the Northland which includes the portion of the city north of the river.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:36 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,886,188 times
Here you go, I just posted this in another thread. I'll leave the downtown stuff in there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHW View Post
I'm sure there are a million of these threads, but does anyone know of a good apartment complex? I just got a job in the area. I'm looking to spend around $750 after rent and utilities. I've been searching around and stopping by places for the past two weeks and it seems like every place I find has at least one major flaw.

Thanks for any help, and again, I apologize for making another one of these threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
You would be fine in central city areas like River Market, Crossroads, Union Hill, Quality Hill, Plaza. They are relatively quiet areas, even though they are urban and they are also very safe.

Here are some ideas:

Cold Storage Lofts Apartments For Rent in Kansas City, Missouri - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

Market Station Apartments For Rent in Kansas City, Missouri - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

KC Loft Central Apartments For Rent in Kansas City, Missouri - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

If you want something more suburban and quiet, I certainly would not move clear down to johnson county in kansas when you can live 10-15 minutes away in newer parts of the northland north of the river.

Just look at apartment complexes along I-29 between downtown and KCI airport and along MO-152 in the Northland. There are a some near Liberty as well.

There are tons of places up north, but here is are some places you can start:

http://www.forrent.com/apartment-com...le/1004322.php

The Crossing at Barry Road Apartments For Rent in Kansas City, Missouri - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

Province of Briarcliff Apartments For Rent in Kansas City, Missouri - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

Camden Passage Apartments For Rent in Kansas City, Missouri - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

Barclay Club Apartments For Rent in Kansas City, Missouri - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

The Manor Homes of Fox Crest Apartments For Rent in Kansas City, Missouri - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

Carrington Place at Shoal Creek Apartments For Rent in Kansas City, Missouri - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

Cordillera Ranch Apartments For Rent in Kansas City, Missouri - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,886,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Are you wanting to live in the actual City of North Kansas City or just within the Northland which includes the portion of the city north of the river.
Most people mean the entire northland when they say NKC. I think you have to live in the area for a while before you start calling it the Northland vs North Kansas City.

The town of NKC is awsome, but it just does't have much to choose from. What a location for some new, modern high density residential development though if any of the industrial areas ever begin to go downhill.

The Northland Lofts are in a great location, very close to Downtown NKC, Downtown KCMO and across from the nicest community center in the Northland. But the quality may not be what you want. They are cheaper.

http://www.apartmentfinder.com/Misso...fts-Apartments

There is also the Northgate Village (nevermind, that's 55 +)

http://www.rent.com/rentals/missouri...thgate/538107/

But the greater Northland will have dozens of options, I just listed a few above.

Last edited by kcmo; 03-21-2011 at 03:00 PM..

Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
I've been in all of them apartments listed and they are all nice and well-maintained. Plus, they are in good areas with easy highway access.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:41 PM
OHW OHW started this thread

102 posts, read 147,686 times
Wow, thanks for all that!

The place I'll be working is in the town of North Kansas City, but I just wanna be within 15-20 minutes of there.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 AM

6,816 posts, read 11,542,919 times
If you move north of the river as long as you are south of KCI airport you can get to North Kansas City in 20 minutes.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:18 AM

13 posts, read 29,575 times
Riverstone-easy access to the highway, beautiful complex, under 2 years old. Lots of amenities and within walking distance to Zona Rosa that has lots of shopping, restaurants and such.
I think a 1 bedroom is around $699 .. Good Luck..

Old 04-07-2012, 08:52 PM

47 posts, read 95,426 times
Hi,
I am assuming you have checked out Crossing at Barry Road Apt in NOrthland area? It is awesome!
Watch the video and look at the features. It is safe, lots of community events, 2 resort pools, 2 nice lakes. This is where I am encouraing my 22 year old daughter to live when she begins working for Cerner in June. However, several people have told her the Plaza would be better. She is confused. She was amazed with the video until she heard that. However, her Cerner relocater informed her that she placed 50 young grad like her last year for Cerner at the Crossing. And it wold seem like actually more opportunites to meet people there, though more young prof downtown.
So, if you have not would suggest checking out the Crossing at Barry Road, and 15 minutes from downtown or airport.
Good luck!
Karen

Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM

11 posts, read 23,559 times
Also, if you live in the city of North KC, they have a city owned fiber optic internet network that you can get super fast service from for dirt cheap. just another perk! Its unique in that the speeds are symetrical up/down.
here it is
linkcity.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City